Top 3 Anker devices for traveling?

When taking a look around I think the minimalists are a minority.
I would like to see more responsibility for our planet from people.
I think the majority the non-minimalists are wasting things we all see this every day.

In my childhood after WWII I was educated to care about things and nature,
poor we were in those days.

Indeed. Anker wants to send me a T-shirt, its cotton, not practical for travel, no thanks. Then they want to send me their next thing, no thanks, have one of them already, its not quite 10 years old and working fine. I’d rather Anker make a better Powercore 10000 which unplugs me from power for a day or two. I go to the supermarket and use my 32 year old bag, or my 15 year old bag, depending how big is the shop.

Future generations will just look at all the plastic in the oceans and wonder what were today’s people thinking… well apparently some people never have enough shoes.

1 Like

I was starting a thread about the plastic wrapping.
A lot of useless plastic wrapping as well is used by ANKER. :rage:
There is NO NEED.

I am not a green, but :

Would have to be anker power core 20100 I love that thing :+1:

I agree Franz

I’m no middle class hippy, chomping on tofu, with white dreads, I’m normal working class.

I do think the “throw-away” attitude we have now, ain’t good. We seem to accept that something breaks, just replace it. Stuff ain’t made to last anymore.

It’s too easy to buy cheap, and keep buying cheap. It was only ??? So just get a new one, not worth fixing it!

Me n you and a few others come from a generation, that fixed it. We didn’t have the money to just bin n replace. The difference was, parts weren’t hyper expensive, and stuff was made to be maintained.

We can’t do much about the micro plastic already in our diets from fish food. We can tho, stop adding to it.

Yes glass jar broke, but glass is endless in being recycled. Plastic only has a certain recycle.lifespan, but glass has infinity lifespan.

Reuse our plastic bags, cotton n organic cotton are actually bad environmentally, and actually worse inmothet ways than a.plastic bag.

1 Like

Make do and mend and make items last long saves money.

For example I hand-wash many of my clothes to reduce the wear on them. Saves electricity, water, so saves money. I don’t spend much time on it in reality, say 2 minutes a day, I just leave them in hot water and stir when I walk past.

There is a common ground of saving money and the planet. Well to be precise, the planet will outlive us, recycle the atoms through plate tectonics and eventually sediment and we’d be a fossil layer to future lifeforms.

Our sun probably makes this planet uninhabitable in about 500M years and complex life is about 600M years old having spend around 3B years as much simpler. Hence so long as humans do not destroy everything above simple life, a future species has time to evolve when we’re gone and wonder WTF we were doing when they see the plastic fossil layer in the rocks.

I dont like the Greens here in Germany
But they made ONLY one thing perfectly in the past.
They installed a deposit system for plastic bottles and beverage cans.
Now all trash boxes are free of those.
And if there are, people catch them (25 Cent for each!)
This was not before this deposit system was becoming law

In France were I have been recently, there is NO such system.
All full of plastic bottles and such cans.
A disaster.

People make an income going around our recycling dustbins, taking out bottles and cans and then selling them by weight at paid-for recycling centres.