The Top 10 Smartphones of 2017

Only ever saw the keynote launch for the iPhone X. Never seen one for Real and that’s nearly 3 months on. But still want one over anything else :heart_eyes:

Huawei might make good phone but support in the US is terrible…Hopefully they get their act together and start updating

My first great phone was Nokia 5110, had a form.of internet, calander, alarm, could be used as a modem, had faces you could change, had T9 dictionary.

The next phone I loved was Nokia 3310 (while I had the 3210) and travelled 30 miles to get it (that’s each way!) Loved being able to type the word, without multiple tapping for each letter. Was tough as old boots n had a great battery life.

Then the Nokia 7110 (the green matrix phone). Not only did it have snake in colour, but you could Bluetooth 2 handsets together to compete in a couple games against each other.

Then the Ericsson k750 fantastic MP3 abilities, battery, screen, speaker (for.its day) and even had a.memory card. 2006 if I remember, as my new number (an error by me going to come n not staying direct with O2) ended 2006

Then it had to be the iPhone 3gs. While Nokia had press n touch screens, apple was a tap screen. Plus (then days) was the best.phone about and.prob for a.couple years after was still the best phone about. Was my 1st 2 year contract, since my 1st handset in sept 1993.:arrow_heading_down:

:arrows_clockwise: did live a big chunky slow Motorola A1000 ( I think) on THREE back in 2002. ((This is to.be swapped with above… lol) but the network in Bristol was so sht, that after 5 months I got.to.cancel the contract n send.it back.

The note 2 was another absolutely fantastic phone and until my current Sam S8, was sorely missed for quite a while. I’ve had top premium phones every time I’ve upgraded, but nothing was close the the note 2 for greatness until now.

That’s what I’d say is.my list.of too phones in my history (obvs in 24 years of owning a mobile, I’ve had many a brick (so.e of the worst were more recently!) But my list was the best of the ones.i had).

So your first great phone? What was your first (non great) phone? Mine 1st phone was analogue the Nokia 201 and then I went to digital with the Nokia 2110 which I added a PCMCIA Data Card which I connected to a Psion 3a which then gave me internet. That phone + dongle + PDA was awkard so then got the Nokia 9000i, then shrunk down the Treo 650 to which I used a folding keyboard.

My favorite was the Motorola Accompli 009, it’s the phone they used in the movie Triple X, staring Vin Diesel
That phone use to get signal everywhere

2 Likes

who needs phones?

How did the iPhone X turn up on the top 10? It’s had so many problems. It might have been popular because it was new… but I don’t think it really deserves a spot on the top 10… and this is coming from an iPhone user. O.o

1 Like

Huawei confirms its phones will be sold by US carriers in 2018, starting with Mate 10.:grin:

1 Like

Yup been following that and really really hope they will get their act straight with updates. Coming from mate 9 user reading about all other version except US get regularly updates just made you wonder and hope :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Google Pixel for Life!