The Best of 2018 | You Decide!

There is no easy solution here. The Xmas countdown was subjective too, Anker picked the one they liked the most, so popular with a couple of people. Anker has being using a diverse set of methods, Power Draw is random, you increase chances by community participation and where I have won the most stuff this year. Anker has already said they are using a diverse set of selection methods to give everyone equal chance, including an “equal” chance to those with bots which vote up.

3 Likes

I am hooked on the PowerDraw. It us the best promotion of them all.

1 Like

I really enjoyed looking at everyone’s Christmas photos this year! It was great to see how everyone celebrates the holidays.

4 Likes

Yes indeed funny, different countries, different ages, different celebrations.
Those kind of “insights” are nice and helps each other to know more about the other forumners here.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the 2018 Christmas Countdown. I joined late in the year and haven’t experienced many giveaways but I am impressed with this community. Love how involved some discussions get and how technical responses can be. Looking forward to 2019!!!

3 Likes

I recommend you err on the side of allowing to select from $ value of prize rather than specific products, or if specific products then first come to a $ total limit. That way the items end up in the hands of those who need those specific items. You have done this to a degree, on at least one occasion in the year, with a $ limit and buy anything but I also know you have to respect stock levels and you use stock levels to decide what to give away.

For example your ongoing 3000 prizes, chances are most people will win something they do not want. They hope to win a specific item but given the long list of items they probably get something they don’t want.

How well did the Star Contributor idea go? Did those you pick do more than they would have done otherwise? Did it help the community?

3 Likes

Guten Morgen Mac, alter Freund! :grin:

Just wish you, your fiancee and of course the cat a nice and peaceful
“New Year’s Eve”.

I am doing NO fireworks, don’t like the bangs and the stink.
These are doing others.

All the best for 2019

Franz

1 Like

Hello Mark,
first of all I wish you and your family a peaceful “New Year’s Eve”.

If there are any shortages for you after Brexit (I remember you are living on the “island”) I’ am ready for some “Care Pakete” :grin:
This offer is including Mac and the other Mark of course.

“You never stand alone!”

All the best for 2019
Franz

4 Likes

Thank you @fhassm my friend! I hope you and your family have a safe and happy one as well.

In the care package if you could include some of the best football players from the Bundesliga and send them to North London that’ll great buddy! :wink:

Happy new year and to another year of community chit chat between us.

1 Like

I am sure the other friends do not mind our little private chat. :grin:
Great family as we all are.

PS: I was a great football fan many years ago:
Those time of Beckenbauer, Müller, Netzer etc. here in Germany
Nowadays only business, I do not like.

But I always remember Wembley 1966!!!

1 Like

The Splash Into Prime Day event

Because it was fun :ok_hand:

1 Like

Splashing loads of money on anker products was a highlight of 2018. I bought soo many products and I use all of them. Eg.) zolo Liberty, Astro e1 powerbank, anker lightning cable and many more! Looking forward to purchase more products from anker in the coming year:)

4 Likes

@fhassm sadly modern football only revolves around money these days!

Jürgen Klinsmann is another great German footballer. Although he played for my teams bitter London rivals I was an admirer of his talents on the pitch!

I enjoy that the most. It gives the users a chance to provide feedback about the product details we really want.

2 Likes

People bring up some great points…as Anker community starts to grow, something needs to be done about new users joining just for the sake of winning things instead of contributing to the community and taking part of fun events for the FUN of it, and not just for the prizes.

The beta thing is pretty tricky so I can understand the time that is being taken to make sure they make it right on as many angles as possible…I would love to see how the end product will be though!

3 Likes

How about…

A speaker portable, but not small.
Bluetooth 5+
20w (+)
Dab radio
Charge a device from it
10k battery for endurance
Water n dust proof
USBC to charge and usba/c for charging a device
Black, white, red, blue, colours
UNDER $80

Now, THIS I’d love

1 Like

hmmm, favorite…I think there should always be a running “contest” for referring friends, maybe there is and I’m not seeing it, but not like a giveaway, more like refer a friend and get some points towards PowerDraw and Auction. Personally I do not like the Auction house, mainly because it isn’t a banner or something you see every time you log onto the forum, therefore one tends to miss out on it, so maybe changing that would be nice. I honestly don’t want to pick which one I liked better because #Anker’s giveaways are all great. If anything I would just suggest in the future to avoid having contests where members have to guess the answers to a given question/s, because whom ever makes the first post usually has the right answers, then everyone else just copies off that. BUT My answer, by a large margine, is definietly WE LOVE TESTING! because I do love testing products and I test and review all sorts of products for all different companies and I always get a great response from them about my review/test. So Please, more of that, and THANK YOU #Anker FOR ALL OF THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE FOR THIS COMMUNITY THIS PASSED YEAR!

3 Likes

@AnkerOfficial, he makes a great point. I know you want more and more people on the forum and in the community, but joining just for the sake of winning, then usually winning, hurts morale for long term members. anyways Happy new year

3 Likes

New Years REVOLUTION was my favorite event! Reason being is because the prize I had won was&is still very useful & helpful in my everyday life. I had won the eufygenie! Both my kids & I love it and still use it daily!
@AnkerOfficial I can honestly say (&do actually a lot to friends who ask me where I get all the products I get from you guys) your company is top notch on customer service, products, standing behind your products, answering questions/helping resolve any issues & customer appreciation! You are the ONLY company I know who has giveaways so frequently and numerous ones going on at the same time without any strings attached and without you being so given I wouldn’t be able to have or enjoy the products I have from you guys having 6 about to be 7 children ages 9&under doesn’t leave a lot of free $ to spend especially on extras but because of you guys both myself and kids like I said enjoy our eufygenie, sounds curves, space NC headphones, anker Bluetooth speakers!
I joined around this same time last year (actually a few weeks earlier than now last year) & I am so glad I did and can’t wait to see what new products, giveaways etc you have in mind for 2019 but am super excited to see!
What I hope to see in 2019 product wise a more upgraded Alexa speaker like eufygenie and more smart products to go along with it!
Hoping for a lower priced robovac this momma really would love one but can’t just buy one (like I want too lol) so this is def going to be a put back $ purchase I am going to be saving for soon but hopes that maybe if not a cheaper similar item maybe a really good discount code for one lol and then a robomop type product, a robolaundry product, robodishwasher… robofeedthehubby&kids, change diapers, feed babies, take kiddos to school type product lol (a gal can dream!)
But seriously you guys are awesome I can’t wait to see the awesome things 2019 holds!

Happy new years eve everyone! Please be safe, don’t drink & drive!

4 Likes

And I forgot to add after reading all you guys comments I do agree and think what @AnkerOfficial needs to do is send people in the community emails regarding new posts added or asking for opinions/reviews on certain items rather than just sending the emails with item discounts and emails regarding contests/giveaways because then the only time people are going to think about logging into this site is when they are given an email stating there’s a giveaway and then they tap and enter and then don’t think again to get back on unless they receive a winning email!

4 Likes