The Anker Auction House | A New Way to Use Your PowerBucks!

This is going to be fun to follow!

3 Likes

May be you find a possibility to suborn the other participants. :sunglasses:
So they will not bid any more.

Hope there are no sly hackers around here finding a way transferring bucks from one account to the other. :joy:

But may be better we should find a possibility to create bucks by ourselves. :innocent:

Anker Auction House | WINNER

@Ndalby has won the auction, and will be bringing home a 4-Port USB-C Hub. Congratulations!

He spent 60 PowerBucks to get a product valued at $19.99. Quite a deal!

We plan to put more items up for auction in the coming months, so let us know what you’d like to see on the auction block, and we’ll try to make it happen. :grin:

Power On!

10 Likes

Sweet…thanks @AnkerOfficial :thumbsup: Despite some criticism which has popped up in the thread this could be a really good idea going forward as most members probably lose double my winning amount via the weekly PD for items they are after, often to members who rarely check in beyond the PD page for the weeks new items…

As for auctions items going forward…audio products are often favoured by members…but it would be good if the items offered are established ones which are available for all territories IMO…to make it a fairer shot to all community members :wink:

7 Likes

Congrats @ndalby

@AnkerOfficial I think it would be best if you did items such as headphones and speakers above all else, if you did cables most people would bicker over why your posting one cable over another and as such cause more strife than anything else. Plus, we all love music of the sorts so it’s a win win

I agree that people spend more in the Powerdraw and lose their credits than you spent on winning this auction. Also what people have to remember is that if they get out-bid they don’t lose their credits.

This also brings up an interesting point and will start to give a dollar amount as to how much a Power Buck is worth in real life.

This is also up for interpretation: ex. 10 powerbucks = 1 USD

5 Likes

I believe the dollar/buck value will change wildly according to the type of product and geographical availability. Imagine one of the new SoundCore over-ear headphones available to all countries, I guess bids would increase rapidly!

5 Likes

This is a cool idea!

1 Like

haha this is great cant wait for the next auction (saving my power bucks)

1 Like

So I was checking out the new page with all of the auction listings and saw that for each one, there is a “winners announced” date.

But when does each auction end? Surely it can’t be the same as the date winners are announced :confused: Does the auction end the day just before that?

@bleaum We did have an ending date which is written in the rules. I think you’re referring to the Power Draw Page. The Anker Auction House is a separate event compared to the Power Draw, which will be hosted in the forum as a post.

1 Like

Will the next auction be a new topic?or will it be like the POWER DRAW UPDATE TOPIC, where it just continues and gets added to.

To cut down on confusion (for bidding & counting) I would expect it to be a new topic, with the previous one being archived…

3 Likes

I didn’t even consider it could be otherwise… :astonished: But, yes, better to have a thread per auction. I honestly can’t see how multiple auctions would be manageable in the same thread.

Yes, new game, new luck, new thread! :grin:

2 Likes

Yep, we will create the new thread for the new auction in case we get confused by the old one’s replies and bids.

4 Likes

Sounds like a great idea but could drain my power bucks fast

Unlike the Power Draw, you don’t need to spend any PowerBucks unless you win the bid.

4 Likes

Oh that’s smart then I like this idea