SURVEY: A Flashlight on Your Portable Charger?

I’ll be testing a Rofis MR70 flashlight with a 5500 mAH battery. It is a flashlight and a power bank Will post a review later.

Ouch, 80bucks for 3500 lumens.

The high quality 18650 or 26650 cells Anker uses have enough amperage output to do both simultaneously.

I used to have a power bank with a built-in light and although I didn’t use it much, I really appreciated having it when I did need it. But if you want to be a little ambitious, how about a modular system of accessories? You could have a flashlight attachment, a fan attachment or even a lighter (one of those new USB-rechargeable plasma arc lighters). Pretty much any small gadget whose size is more battery than gadget would be a good candidate!

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion!

@AnkerOfficial

Remember further up, I showed a photo of a modular “torch head”, well I used it on the power bank I won via the PD and that works fine.

So I add a guff the same way I add a photo? If so, I’ll giff me using it… If I can work it out, if not a couple pics, showing g sequence.

Yup. These fancy lights are for flashaholics and not for the average consumer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m I allowed to post a review of the Rofis M70 on this board? :smiley:

It’s a cool flashlight: main head = cool white and side light = warm white (yellowish). Power bank function requires a USB-A female to micro USB female. 5000 mAh capacity.

1 Like

In the past it was much simpler and were called a plain…

FLASHER

I know this is an older topic but …

I had a couple of batteries with a flashlight built in. Hated it. More than one occasion, the flashlight would turn on accidentally and drain the battery. So annoying when that happens!

Also, pretty much everyone has a smartphone these days with quick access to the flashlight. I think that should be sufficient.

1 Like

Yeah, we will consider every situation and make a finally decision. Thanks for your good feedback!

2 Likes

I bought a few of these:

for under £1

They are very bright! I put them on the usb port of the PowerCores as a makeshift PowerBank/Torch :slight_smile:

Hoping to see some new product coming out with good integration @AnkerTechnical :smiley:

4 Likes

@doris4jin ooh that’s a good idea, got a link for them?

Yep: https://www.gearbest.com/led-light-bulbs/pp_625950.html

3 Likes

Whilst just randomly scrolling through Amazon, I found this…

It seems to answer most people’s concerns n questions… Have a look/butcher’s

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-EMNT-15600mAh-Capacity-Indicator-Black/dp/B01MR5C7KO/ref=mp_s_a_1_96?ie=UTF8&qid=1525040429&sr=8-96&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=quick%2Bcharge%2Bpower%2Bbank&dpPl=1&dpID=4165C1TkOvL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

1 Like

That’s interesting, I wonder if they use a super capacitor to charge and power the light? I mean if I was to build a high powered light into a batterypack that’s what I would do to.

@AnkerTechnical, has any progress been made on this project?

1 Like

I prefer a powerbank with a flashlight, which is one of the (minor) reasons the last powerbank I bought wasn’t an Anker.
Something mulitifunctional is always a good thing.

Why not just use a phone is a good question.
Maybe if the powerbank was waterproof it could be used when an phone can’t.
A phone is just a light shining in all directions, the powerbank could have a more focused light that shines as a beam, making it more like a real flashlight.

Many powerbanks are quite big. I have a 26000 mAh version with a light. I never tested it all the way to zero but I think teh light lasts at least 20 hours.
No it isn’t super bright. But it can be quite useful when the power is out for a long time.

It’s just an extra you won’t use on daily basis. Just like many people carry a swiss pocket knife with all sort of tools that are rarely used. But still it’s a good thing to be prepared.

Thank you @AnkerTechnical :thumbsup: Can you send me one of the Torch/Chargers when it’s been made please x

2 Likes

If I get one, I will hand it over to you,
because I see really no sense for such a combination.

But this is only my humble opnion.:innocent: