SURVEY: A Flashlight on Your Portable Charger?

Thank you! as mentioned … often have such situations (just today again)

Hello @nigelhealy it’s not about having no lamp or replacing it. However, I often have a power bank with it … but a lamp is rare … and here can be something really positive together … (As I said I already have a power bank with LED)

It should be a LED built into the power bank / or just not! I’m there for !!!

1 Like

The reason people use their phone lights as torches, is very very simple… It’s all they have!

What a powerbrick with led torch gives, is an option.

Being council property, the council use contractors to do repairs. It’s amazing how many, turn up with no torch, n just use their PATHETIC phone light, and it is pathetic. Even the best “flash”, isn’t that good even compared to a £/$1 torch.

1 is a glowing led, the other is made to give n focus light and more powerful.

The compromise (I think the majority agree with) is the light of a decent torch (3w led) on a powerbrick, that still charges your phone (rechargeable torches are available for around £18 GBP (full kit)) , isn’t heavy and fits easily in a pocket, is not a compromise.

There are varients out there, but the vast majority, are either really expensive pro-models, or not much better than a phone light.

Only once have I seen one with a torch head (see my photo above) but that was an attachment (which maybe an option, but obvs if separate could be lost).

Just to give you also mine opinion. I don’t need a flashlight built into a power bank. Of course, it would save energy for the transformation. But I had the experience, that it is not very useful.

I’m mean in the end it could be worth for you to create a portable charger with a flashlight. Because how you can see is there a market for but in my personal opinion I would say no

Soon people will want a flashlight on their Hat…already done, or a keychain flashlight…already done, glasses with flashligh,…done, how about a phone flashlight…you get the idea. Hey here is a great idea, just by an Anker flashlight.

I camp a lot and when I need a light I grab my rechargeable flashlight not my battery pack. When I go for a hike I may grab both the battery pack and the flashlight but probably just the flashlight as I would leave with a full phone charge and don’t want the weight of a battery pack… I was excited to get a battery pack with a light but when I found out how little of light it produced, about 1/2 the light of my phone, I was disappointed and it cost me more for the added feature…

Some have suggested a flashlight with the capabilities of charging a phone in an emergency, now that I would pay money for.

3 Likes

When really working professionally in a dark place a headlight ist recommended.

1 Like

For me this wouldn’t make much sense.
I use a flashlight very often here in my house.
I bought some of these little torches ( ca 6 cm X 2,5 cm 17 grams)
(2,55" 0,95" 0,6 oz) Charging via USB.
Those can be placed easily in the pocket and I carry one of these with me all the time.
If I really work I use a professional headlight.

I’m talking under the bath for example. Mind a few times when living in a tower block, the bathroom above kept flooding g us below. Trouble was the week spot was the light pull switch. The bathrooms in that block didn’t have natural light.

So they’d turn up to “make safe” (remove light pull n tape over exposed wires n leave for 7 to 10 days) and then eventually return with a new light.oull switch. Over half used there fines for light. Then I’d stand in the op corner shining g a torch at the area…

I also had a mini lantern, that you’d need to use to use the bathroom! Obvs I went through loads of batteries when I did.

I personally have a torch in every room and a work type light by the front door. When you live in a council flat, you HAVE to expect the unexpected!

Hahaha :joy: A rugged GPS, got you.

1 Like

A torch that also could be a portable charger. Got you. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I will solve the heat dissipation if i’m going to make a torch on our powercore :grin:

Thanks!:kissing_smiling_eyes:

Got you, but when will you phone be dead?
Or if your phone is fully charged, you won’t need the flashlight, right?

I think you may need a professional torch. The small flashlight on a portable charger is also very wide angle like the phones.

If i have a torch that also could be a portable charger, do you like it ?:yum:

Oh, hahaha, a very good point.
But i am concern about the energy loss if you use the flashlight a lot. After you using the flashlight a lot, there’s no enough power to you to charge your mobile devices.

So a waterproof, strong headlight would be fine for you, anyway.
You may use it when taking a shower.
or in bed when you are looking for something important under the bedcover. :wink:
If you wear it all day and night you could blind somebody unexpected who will show up at your front door.

Yes, sounds great, but, will you use the flashlight a lot?

Will consider about this, thanks

Got you, this is very cool.! Let me have this plan.
By the way, i think we don’t need to add a PD here(which is more expensive than PowerIQ). You can use an USB-A to USB-C cable when you want to charge your C devices. Right?
Although PD is cool and fast, you may not want to buy an expensive flashlight.