Spam / Robo / Marketing Calls - How to avoid these?

Very detailed and easy to follow guide. I’ll look into doing the same on Android. Thank you for the guide and screenshots :thumbsup: bye bye scammers

1 Like

Doesn’t this mean when someone rings your GV it shows as your GV incoming on your phone and not the callers number? That’s the problem I had where I had a choice of either not knowing who’s ringing (its’s GV) and use DND to block everything not GV / contacts, or know who’s ringing and suffer robo calls.

1 Like

I have given my GV number for important sites which matter to me. My friends and important contacts still reach me on my original cell number… and have my DND enabled on iPhone… So the net result is GV calls for most case will be genuine calls and I will answer all of calls on GV… also observed that number of spam calls on GV is significantly less than Verizon.

If you have an android phone google voice will integrate with your phone. I actually have the problem of not easily knowing if its a call to my GV number or my real phone number. lol

1 Like

…and… More good news from iOS 13 features

Send call spam straight to voice mail and silence unknown callers. Yaay!!!

Yeeeet. That sounds good to me :joy:

1 Like

Is that new to iPhone?

That’s been an Android feature for years.

Have you got dual screen yet?

1 Like

Apparently new features which are available on Android take considerable time before they make it to iOS… in Apple world, it is called Time Tested formula :joy: :joy: :joy:

There are no dual screen, since they do not want to lose miserably like Samsung did recently. May be with future technology enhancements, we all can dual screens from our favorite brands :slight_smile:

Dual screen was a Sony thing well before android took it on.

I’m not talking about Samsung fold. Which Samsung did the right thing, unlike bendgate to name, one of the apple cock ups. Samsung sent out test units, they didn’t go full production and then blame the owner… Talking of owner, that’s not how apple views you is it?

It’s when you can 2 apps on the screen at the same time. Taking up 50/50 or 60/40 or whatever you want to give it.

I mistook the folding screen for dual screen…

Looks like finally the rule has been passed unanimously on a proposal to give mobile phone companies greater power to “aggressively block” unwanted robocalls.

1 Like

Sweet! So Verizon will start blocking these spam calls for me?

I’ve already gotten 4 today.

1 Like

I dont get a single spam call now :sunglasses: … not a single one.

I forget, are you on iPhone or and android phone?

am on iPhone (X / 8)

1 Like

Was just about to post this. lol

1 Like

everything has caveats and loopholes … looks like… the new rule does not require carriers to turn on robocall blocking by default, and it doesn’t mandate that any such services have to be free… this gives more revenue spots for carriers to take more from customers :smile:

Just got a notification that Verizon will be blocking spam calls and texts for me for free.

1 Like

That’s awesome!

They also have an app for iPhone, been using it last 1 year

Hmm, I didn’t know that. Does it cost money?

1 Like