Spam / Robo / Marketing Calls - How to avoid these?

Heard about some horror stories of porting from Verizon / ATT to GV - when port does not complete, number is orphan and will not receive calls :flushed:… So it’s easier to just change all my published number on all sites…making a list of sites I need to change … It’s a biggg list

I don’t even know how many Atlanta has lol think it is 3 or 4

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s incredible that such things are allowed somehow and you need to go through all that trouble to make it stop

1 Like

I know, but there are ways to do it

1 Like

I just got all of the internet portals (banks, utilities, … blah blah ) updated with my Google Voice for Cell phone… :sweat_smile: took me literally 2 days to document all the sites (sure, there will be some missed… but covered important ones)… I am done with it!!!

Added my cell phone as forwarding number … will wait for next couple of months and then get a new number :slight_smile:

Here is the useful article about this issue https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/komando/2019/02/07/no-more-robocalls-how-block-unwanted-calls-iphone-android/2778059002/
Or you may call your provider and kindly ask to filter your number of this calls

1 Like

thanks for sharing this article :slight_smile: I have tried all these steps :smiley: - these still didnt help much

Had to come to some innovative (cumbersome though) steps, with help of details and inputs from everyone on this post… almost done, need to see how it works out

US Senate has passed a bill cracking down on robocalls, which also accelerates & hopefully enforce the rollout of so-called “call authentication” technologies callee as industry standards – known as SHAKEN/STIR which could cut down on the number of calls coming from unverified numbers.

Heres to hoping this brings some relief to users in near future.

1 Like

You ain’t playing around with those spams calls anymore :joy: hope you don’t get any more

1 Like

Almost there… Lot of calls filtered on Google Voice - … Landlines as well calls are filtered

I might have to do that myself then :thumbsup:

1 Like

Found an app on Apple Appstore which to some extent can block international spam calls.

Phone Pattern Blocker

Will write up a detailed note soon on what I did to overcome the whole spam thing on my landline and cellphone.

1 Like

Who needs a land line any more we don’t costs a fortune get rid of it!! Mobile phone bills are cheaper :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many homes still have a landline, I still own one :slight_smile: its very useful… all though everything has converged to SIP / VoLTE

1 Like

I agree we’re a Vodafone house hold we get excellent coverage we love it I guess it was for some and doesn’t for other cant for for WiFi in the stars :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Many times Wireless providers share same cell tower services… And if that goes down close to home, then all will be watching stars… I have seen this happen, and had a landline at the time… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our Vodafone WiFi is connected via fibre optic very quick plus we live near the exchange box 70mbs down 18 up :ok_hand:

1 Like

I go from 140mbs down to 5/6 mbs

Guess which it is when I want to download a program?

2 Likes

5mb you with virgin there rubbish!

1 Like