Soundcore Q35 hits FCC

Ok that makes sense. The cups do look beefier than Life 2 but wasn’t sure about the comparison between these and Q30.

Also the replaceable cups are definitely nice to have since headphones should last a few years but cups don’t normally.

As for the plastics, I hope it doesn’t have more plastic than Life 2 since I would expect a more premium and durable product at $130

So within the caveat I’m seeing the Q35 through someone else’s photos, no the design flaw appears there. My Q30 are physically breaking at the point I’ve circled, both sides so not an accident, and slightly different, it’s a fatique crack problem.

Less forgiveable at a higher price. Not an issue for what I paid for for my Q30 but certainly more an issue for $130 product.

I wasn’t invited to beta and also now not invited for the released product so there’s only so much throwing bricks I can do from the outside.

ok… I’ll turn the bedroom light and on and do the photos now…

1 Like

That’s true. I would say it is still a problem at $80. Considering my Life 2 hasn’t had that issue (thankfully :crossed_fingers:) I would say it’s a major flaw of this new design and something I’ll keep in mind when I’m comparing these to mine

So close up on my Q30, these are physically about a month old, see the chipped crack? Both sides, so it’s a design flaw, they seem to have kept in the Q35.

Next problem is the shape of the padding over the roof of the head, it’s a subtle difference until you feel the pain in your skull.

See how Sony put thicker padding to then curve towards the part?

Wide shot to place the above in context.

The Sony is 4x the cost of the Q30 but mine are 20 times older in terms of hours used, the Sony doesn’t have physical damage, the Q30 does have damage.

This issue on my Q30 I think probably will happen later in the Q35 as they put thicker cups over the ears, so that may be sufficient fix.

I think the Q35 will be well reviewed, but the $130 price will be the issue.

1 Like

Yea first reviews without long term testing will always be positive which is the case for most products and something I don’t like to look at too much. Even when I do my reviews, I tend to use the product for decent amount time and see any flaws that I can find. But thank you for the differences and similarities because this really tells me what I can compare and talk about when I get my hands on Q35

I wish the mechanical engineer at Sony would go for a beer with the electrical engineer at Anker / Soundcore, as there’s a tentalising better combination to be found.

The Sony suffers from picking up electrical hum worse than the Soundcore, the Sony has a dumb physical interface, the Soundcore is very good, the Sony has used hardware which withstands the tests of time, the Soundcore seems to have used the cheapest plastic available. The Sony is 4 times the cost.

I’m looking forward to the Soundcore Q40 (*) already, the successor which takes all this Q35 feedback.

• my made up name for the Q35 successor I’m pretty sure is being designed now where my words can materially influence.

You get what you pay for comes to mind.

2 Likes

I also personally think the name q35 that breaks from the norm of increments of 10 might be in hopes that people will find these when searching for the Bose qc35

It can get them into trouble.

I’m not a copyright legal expert.

If you simply search for Soundcore Q35, you find all their Amazon released information, their community posts they deleted , then some hits on the Bose.

If anyone who owns Q30 likes the Q35 for the beefier cups, over at Reddit is successful replacement of Q30 cups

This is their image

1 Like

Haven’t had any of these issues with my Q30s yet - but only a month or two into using them, after a few weeks to let the initial smell fade.

I like seeing that the option to replace covers isn’t too hard.

I can push the top of the headphones hard against my head until the cushion is completely compressed, and those plastic pieces on the edge still don’t touch my head. I assume a slightly different head shape.

1 Like

It’s hard to talk about headshape without accidental racism, I’ll just say it’s wide at the back. To make a joke of it from phrenology, I either have excessive “Approbativeness” or excessive “Cautioussness”

I’ll have check with a star sign astrology to be sure, triangulate with a palm read.

1 Like

As long as we are here, why not just wade on in…

I think they chose a broken nose for that diagram to keep it inside the print boundaries.

1 Like

And now in German!

There’s a little bit more information but it’s mostly copy-paste from the Q30.

Still not showing the 4 colours, only the blue.

And the app is supporting it now, so effectively it’s a released supported product now.

And it is on Soundcore’s website

For the records, that gives you a snapshot from FCC to you can buy and it’s supported, March 3rd to April 27th is roughly 7 weeks. Usually it is nearer to 6 weeks.

The addition of the wired 4 pole microphone has been asked for a long time and will help solve the bluetooth microphone issues, with the caveat I tend to not believe anything until a thorough review.

1 Like

And more on UK

"3.5mm AUX Cable with Remote Control "

So looks like they’ve added microphone to make 4 pole AUX and added buttons to the cable. That’s a noticeable change to help the wired folks, solve bluetooth and microphone issues which have been a big issue in the community support threads. If it’s true.

Looking forward to the reviews, I believe them any day over any Amazon listing.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try for sure. Might have a quick call with a friend during the finals week to see how well that cable works

My Life 2 AUX cable has buttons but they don’t work with Windows laptop. Works fine with my iPhone like the buttons on iPhone EarPods