Share Your Suggestions to Win Anker Gift Packs

A slim Credit Card portable power Bank ( with a built in lightning and/or micro USB cable) for the people on the go who want to carry it in there wallets/clutches. Yes , there are many available now, however none of them are reliable and no one has perfected them. I have a feeling Anker can easily provide us with a flawless one.

3 Likes

A fast car charger that has a small 1000mah or so battery built in so when the car is completely turned off the charger can continue to work. A lot of modern cars require the key to be in the accessory position to allow the 12V outlet to receive power. Sometimes our phones are really low on battery and often times you need to just get out of the car to get some groceries, maybe a 10 minute errand at most and you can leave your phone in the car to charge.

Requirements:

• 1000 mAh minimum or enough to charge a phone for at least 10 minutes.
  • Automatically recharges once the car is turned on (well this would obviously be an expected feature)
  • 2 USB outlets, 2.4A minimum or QC
    Not much bigger than a Powerdrive+2
3 Likes

Home Theater Speaker System OR 2.1-Channel Soundbar System Is Great Addition To The Anker Lineup!!!

Also

UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector Is Great Addition To The Anker Lineup!!!

11 Likes

As USB-C makes its transition to being of significant, but not majority, usage in phones, laptops, tablets, I’d like Anker in 2017 to directly make a “system” of mixed USB-C 3A with MicroUSB 2.4 products which goes right through a whole stack of common products. Specific is Powerport outputs matching Powercore inputs.

Note: as USB-C 3A is a little above the common Anker input of 2A and below the dual-2A of recent Powercore products, I’m picking what I feel to be realistically makeable and balanced specifications:

• A Powercore 15000mah with a USB-C 3A input and a 1 USB-C 3A output and 1 or 2 (1 by default, 2 if room in the design) 2.4A output microUSB for a total of 5.4A output. I chose the 15000mah as it rests between what Anker can currently make of a 2A input 2A output Powercore 10000 and the 4A input 6A output Powercore 26800 and Powercore II 20000. So you should be able to make this.

• A Powercore 268000mah which is dual USB-C 3A input. This would lower the charging times of the recent Powercore 268000.

• A Powerport 2 which is a USB-C 3A output and a 2.4A MicroUSB output, so that would be a 27W brick. This PowerPort 2 would recharge the above Powercore 15000 (suggestion) via USB-C so it should charge the Powercore 15000 in same time as the 2A input does to your existing Powercore 10000, and the other 2.4A port charges something else.

• A Powerport 4 which is a dual USB-C 3A and a dual 2.4A microUSB output, so that would be a 54W device. This Powerport would output to input to the above Powercore 26800, the Powerport 4 dual 3A output goes into the dual 3A input Powercore 26800.

• A Powerport 5 USB-C which is 2 USB-C 3A output and 3 2.4A output. So that would be a total of 66W device, but I’m open to the idea that is very hard to be carrying so many devices all concurrently needing all of that Ampage so to make the device smaller, say a 54W output, which would for example be 6A to the 2 USB-C leaving 4.8A across the other 3 ports (e.g. recharging BT headphones usually 1A). It’s dual 3A output can go into the dual 3A input Powercore 26800, or the single 3A input Powercore 1500 and charge something else 3A (say a phone) and the other ports other devices.

• A PowerDrive2 with 1 USB-C 3A and 1 MicroUSB 2.4A so that is a 27W.

You could then assemble these as a gift pack, say a “small” and a “large”

• “small” = Powerport 2, Powercore 15000, Powerdrive, a USB-C to USB-C braided 3ft cable and say a MicroUSB-MicroUSB braided 3 or 6ft cable.
  • “large” = Powerport 5, Powercore 268000, Powerdrive, two USB-C cables, 2 micoUSB cables.

I really doubt someone who is buying a USB-C device in 2017 will only carry that 1 USB-C, I expect they will carry something else, so if you make up these packs then it suits the most probable needs.

1 Like

I’d like to see from Anker in 2017 use of the LED technology from the Lumos with the flatter type Powercore battery shapes to make a Powercore with a bright deskside light. This is for those who want a personal light which runs off battery but not the pointed harsher light of the torches type. Rechargeble, obviously.

You could then give this battery a setting (say double-press fast) where if the mains input power to it goes out, then it turns its light on automatically (say just a single press turns light on or off). If you added a small sensor, then it would only do this if sufficiently dark. You’d then have a device which a consumer could buy multiple of, place around their homes and if the mains power ever went out, they could then have light on automatically so they are not stumbling, can be guided directly to the Powercore to then recharge their phones, guide by the light.

This would then be a good gift to someone who either suffers a lot from power outages, or has a concern of such. Buy 2 or 3 for a typical home.

If you wanted… not necessarily a good so you could make 2 models, 1 with this idea, 1 without this idea, you could make it come with the charging electronics built-in so it plugs into the mains socket, folding pins type. Then you just plug these into the wall, and if mains power cuts, they turn on their lights and can guide you to them to use to recharge your device or simply use them as pre-charged portable torches. You’d then possibly find people buy them for a soft lighting around a room knowing they are backup portable power and backup lighting easily found in a blackout.

1 Like

I’d like to see a Powerhouse which has slots to take any USB output battery type and stack them together to make one super-input and super-output capability, so that you could buy say 3 Powercore 26800 packs and stack them to make one equivalent of more power.

One of the biggest drawbacks with the Powerhouse2 is its severe lack of self-service, if once of its cells failed then the whole unit becomes junk, and as that is likely outside of warranty, means the warranty would allay that concern. Being able to slide (within certain restrictions) smaller powerbanks will allow each to fail and be self replaced.

This would then allow someone to buy a batter-less Powerhouse3 and use their existing Powercore devices to make a Powerhouse, for much less cost.

You’d have to work out the restrictions like each must be at least 4A output or something, and must have say 3 slots working populated with say 6 slots max, to get to a 12V or 240V output.

1 Like

Soundcore Nano with magnetic base so it sticks to fridge, cooker etc.

Soundcore Sport Nano which is waterproof.

3 Likes

Combine the Powercore+ Mini with a torch so it is one pocket device which recharges your phone and is a torch.

Oh you do wished you’d made that for the perfect Xmas gift

1 Like

I would love to see few different Anker Head torches with Cree leds and rechargeable batteries, usb charging. That would save night working people from buying ones that last only a year use scrap batteries and do not produce enough light and dont forget they use old LED technology.

Portable car heather that could defrost your windshield and warm u your car in winter battery operated that you dont have to run your engine or leave keys inside.

Car mount whith build in wirless charger.

1 Like

I’d love to see Anker produce good quality set of mold able ear buds for people like me that love Anker ear buds but don’t have a cup in the ear that will support them.

2 Likes

I would like you to expand your products to other brands, and not focus exclusively on the Iphone, but also focus on the brands of Samsung, Sony, HTC, etc. I am a user of the Samsung brand, and I would like very much to find that Anker has accessories also exclusively aimed at this brand.
As for the portable chargers, I think they have good quality, but I would like them to do it in more attractive, that is, more jazzy designs.

7 Likes

it would be great for Anker to have a make it yourself. you construct it in the site. you can choose the capacity, how many ports,built-in cables?, any solar panels? and the color. they can send it to you after it is constructed.
this would be a great project and this can support everyone’s needs

4 Likes

I would like to see Anker offer a charging station with slots to hold the devices (iPad, tablet, phone, etc.) being charged. This would allow users to charge their devices and keep their desktop looking organized using one product. The slots would need to be wide enough to accommodate devices in their cases. It would also be nice if they could hold portable chargers such as the PowerCore.

2 Likes

I’m a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 user and along with that comes a pen that runs on a AAAA battery. Surprisingly there aren’t any rechargeable AAAA batteries on the market (with the exception of a couple very sketchy merchants online) and I find it impractical, as well as unsustainable, to keep buying one-time use batteries. I think this would be a very easy gap for Anker to fill with a quality AAAA rechargeable battery.

2 Likes

I think there is a great opportunity for USB-C hubs especially with the new MacBook Pros with Touch Bar

Personally, I would like to see a USB-C Hub with:

• USB 3.0 (maybe more than one)
  • HDMI (1.4)
  • SD Card Reader
  • MicroSD Card Reader
  • USB-C power pass-through
  • (Maybe ethernet but this is less common than the last 3).

For PowerCores:

• PowerCores with foldable built-in AC plugs

For PowerPort

• USB-A and USB-C PowerPort with foldable plug

For Cases

• Wireless charging case
4 Likes

How about a combination portable charger/external Storage drive. It would be nice when going on a remote vacation, hike or boat trip to have the ability to back up your photos and videos when cloud service is unavailable or you choose to not use cloud service. You would also have the power to take as much video or photos as you desire. Maybe even add a solar panel to the side of it for longer trips.

Also on portable chargers can you bring back the charge percentage meter rather than the LED lights as you could have 1% left with 1 led light or you might have 24% left on a 4 LED system.

2 Likes

Those usually are done with Wifi routers with SD card slot, USB slot and some battery capacity. I know Anker doesn’t make them, but others do.

Combining an actual harddrive (spinning feric) with being portable with power has its reliability issues, harddrives don’t like jolts when active, they must be parked, often inside a laptop it has motion sensing.

Combining SSD is a different issue, more reliable, more able to handle jolts. Of course then you hit the usual problem that the minute you combine a harddrive with anything as a bundle, technology moves and in a few months it looks expensive. So a caddy?

1 Like

Anker, if you are really really into cables which are strong, the Powerline+ and into charging tech then I suggest you make a belt made up of 2 Powerline+ cables for strength and width, which connect into a belt buckle with stores say 5000mah of power. Normally disconnected but if you removed the “belt” you could connect the buckle at one end then pick your gadget to the other end.

To allow for the “holes” for the buckle to pass through you probably can only put 2 Powerline+ cables at the top+bottom with a gap in between for the holes.

The photo below I don’t own but this is mind’s eye the sort of size I’m thinking

3 Likes

I have been using the westdigital my passport for three years with no reliability issues at all and I pack it with me every weekend mind you it is always still while transferring Data… They also have a new one that is meant to travel, has power and wifi…
https://www.wdc.com/products/portable-storage/my-passport-wireless.html

1 Like

I have been noticing that some phone manufacturers are starting to introduce phones that can have accesories clipped on with ease. Some of the accessories are a digital style camera, a boombox and a video projector that runs off the phone itself. I am not proposing Anker make a smartphone (although it would be a pretty cool idea) Anker should make a case that slips onto whatever iphone or android device you may own and they can also join the new market by creating their very own accessories such as a boombox, a piggback portable charger, a wireless router for when you are out and about far from internet service or as a cheaper alternative to their new roav they can make an accesory to clip onto your phone thus turning it into a portable HUD for your vehicle. :slight_smile:

1 Like