Review: Powerline II USB-C to Lightning 3ft

First Impressions
Very impressed with the new generation of Powerline II cables with its increased thickness, rugged and reinforced connector ends, and integrated velcro cable tie. It coils easily and connects perfectly flush on both ends with my iPhone X and the USB-C port of the 18W charger block with no wiggle-room. Obviously, this is much more durable and reliable (specifically for the connectors) than Apple’s own lightning cables. Notice in the comparison pictures below that the Apple Lightning cable tends to try to coil itself when trying to lay it straight while the Anker cables (Powerline+ is the red cable) do not. Unfortunately, I did not have Apple’s more expensive USB-C to Lightning cable to compare the charge time with, but it did charge my iPhone X at expected speeds as per Apple’s specifications.

Pros

• Ridiculously durable, easily twice as thick as Apple’s cables
  • 22-AWG wiring protected by an aluminum mid-layer and TPE outer-layer
  • Rugged connector ends that connect flush on both ends without being too large to fit through my phone case
  • A good $5-10 cheaper than Apple’s cable with MFi certification
  • A LIFETIME warranty and Anker’s warranty claim process is the best of any company’s by far but I have never had a premium Anker product like this break, nor do I expect to

Cons (very minor)

• Ends may be too thick if your case’s port is small, but it has fit perfectly fine with the smallest port case I used
  • Only available in 3ft as of now

Overall a virtually perfect cable. I am looking forward to longer sizes and different colors (besides white/black) or nylon braided versions in the future. Anker kills it yet again!

9 Likes

Nice review.
Could you please add some space between the photos.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Fixed, sorry about that!

Much better now!:wink:

1 Like

Great review and comparison photos!

1 Like

Nice review! I need one of those

1 Like

Great review and photos! :clap:t2::ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Nice review and pics

3 Likes

good review. I have 2 of these and they are awesome :grinning:

1 Like

Good review @vorter thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

nice review, thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

Good review and pics!

2 Likes

Good review! I also have it, I love it. We finally have fast charging on the iPhone! (for a reasonable price)

2 Likes

Excellent review! Very well organized :+1:

2 Likes

These cables are made to last

1 Like

Good review! I’m gonna be doing a test with my PowerLine USB A to Lightning cable that I received last week. Anker cables are very thick and feel strong compared to Apple’s

1 Like

nice review and comparison. Its crazy how thin Apple cables are and they still charge a ton of money for them.

1 Like

agree 100%, compared to Anker cables, Apple cables look like they are on a strict diet and no fat or proteins

2 Likes

I love Anker cables. I haven’t had to replace any of my Anker cables but I’ve replaced my Apple cables with them :wink: Good review :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good pictures, I also got today the USB-C to lightning cable today. Getting ready to tested soon. Great review.

2 Likes