Review: Anker Fusion 5000 - The best Anker product EVER?

OoooOOooHhhhh!!! Ainā€™t she a beaut!

1 Like

Itā€™s not that new, the press release says February 2017. The problem is that we donā€™t (probably wonā€™t) get it, because we have a bigger plug then the US has. Otherwise Iā€™m hoping for a European version

If not, what can we do?
Starting a ā€œrevolutionā€! :joy:
Those 3 or 4 ā€œKameradenā€ we are here!

it is a really smart product

is it available in the uk version?

1 Like

No UK version for this one :disappointed:

@ryandhazen @Muhammad_2703 yeh it is a shame was looking forward to purchase this:(

1 Like

Good presentation: you keep your style - and your high level ! Again well structured: I like it !

The falling out problem is not difficult to fix in the design, move the rotating pins to be on the flatter side so the item is protruding less from the wall. That would reduce falling out but also restrict what sockets you can use to ones with more free surface surrounding.

Great review!! Good job!!! :clap:

I agree I take it everywhere with me!! I hope they upgrade it to having a usb c port to charge on the side instead of a micro usb would cut down on cables people have to carry and help bring it into the future. Definitely a life save for me though without a doubt!

1 Like

Wowā€¦ I absolutely loved reading your detailed review!
Makes me rethink how I write mine (not here YET) .
Thankyou, kept me reading and actually makes me want to buy one!!:slight_smile:

1 Like

This is up for a drawing this week!

https://community.anker.com/power_draw/prize/b-powercore-fusion-b-237

Might also consider prying the prongs apart just a bit so thereā€™s more tension while plugged into a socket.
Concur on the great review - love the thoroughness and detail. I am more akin to lean on 10k+ capacity, so the new Fusion has my interestā€¦ but this review is still so valuable with much of the content being equally applicable!

Looks like the old 5k one, not the 10k.

Still not a bad prize :smile:

One of these is up for POWERDRAW This week:

https://community.anker.com/power_draw

1 Like

how about using this product as a daily charger for iPhone? is it will damage our battery?

No harm can come.

I am actually still using this product regularly - it would a a fine daily charger for the iphone.

One thing to remember, though, is that it wonā€™t charge the newest iphones as fast as they can possibly take a charge. Youā€™ll need a more modern charger for that. Hereā€™s an updated version with power delivery:

That will take the USB-C charger cable that comes with the latest iphone. Of course, any lighting cable will work with any iphone, but this would deliver a faster charge than the original fusion (which is still the best anker product in history:)

I actually decided to get out the meter and test it just for fun. This is my brand new iPhone 12 plugged in to the Fusion 5000 with a power meter attached:

Itā€™s only pulling ~4W because the phone is basically fully charged right now. But the Power IQ in this charger should be capable of 12W when the phone is depleted. The iPhone 12 is capable of ingesting 20W, and you would get that speed from most (not all) USB-C chargers.

In any case, Iā€™m not at all concerned about using this fusion 5000 with my new phone. Iā€™ve also used it with several others (Iphone 6s, Galaxy S9+, Moto Z Force Edition) without any adverse results.

2 Likes