Presenting Your Star Contributors

Congratulations!

1 Like

Ola Tiago,

Realmente parabens!

I knew Tiago as a portugues name.
And of course I know how to pronounce your name.
May be the Portugues spoken in Brazil is a little bit different
from that one I use, which is spoken in Portugal.

Mas Tiago e Tiago, claro! :smiley:

Um grandissimo abraco

Chiquinho

1 Like

Congrats to you all! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a friend in high school with the same name, oddly enough at one point he told people to call him Taco because he got tired of everyone pronouncing his name wrong. Finally when we graduated he told everyone how to properly pronounce his name.

1 Like

Congrats Star Contributors, @joshuad11 @elmo41683 and @tiagomota. You guys are perfect for the job, as you guys already bring a lot to the community with your helpful articles and insights. Well deserved. :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store for us folks.

4 Likes

Congrats. What freebies are stars getting :slight_smile:

1 Like

You think you have fun with people’s pronunciation.

My whole, sole name… Mac
However, due to the way computer dbases are written, I have to have a second name… Mac Mac!

Strangely tho, I get called… Matt, Matty, Matthew, Mark, Marcus, and occasionally Mac! lol the annoying thing tho, is when I hear one of the above names, I look around… Some days I can get well dizzy! lol

3 Likes

My names Robert, but if course I prefer Rob. But I get called Rob, Robbie, Robèr, Bob, Bobby, Bobert,And yes I even get called Richard

1 Like

Well done guys congratulations!!

2 Likes

Congrats @elmo41683 @joshuad11 and @tiagomota :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

Congrats guys!

I guess any Portuguese name also qualifies as a Brazilian name and vice-versa, it’s the same language after all. The accent is indeed different, Portuguese people tend to pronounce the “ti” at the beginning as the English people would “tea”, which is actually the proper way.

@elmo41683 Sometimes I think of presenting myself as James or Jacques, the English and French equivalents. The few times I visit a Starbucks always gets amazing results… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@amangons I had a Chinese classmate whose first name is Xi. No online form would accept it, as the system requires a minimum of three characters. He decided he would go by Jack.

4 Likes

That’s great to hear, congrats!

1 Like

Congrats to the Stars! @joshuad11 @tiagomota @elmo41683 . Looking forward to your future contributions as well as all others!!

3 Likes

I know Tiago,

I have been to Brasil many years ago.
When I spoke my “portugues Portugues” the people ask me
why I speak some kind of “antique Portugues”.
Really funny. :grin:

But this was 40 years ago.
Now they might know about the differences.
It’s not only the accent,
there are some differences in the grammar as well.

Um grande abraco

Chiquinho

1 Like

Congratulations Star Contributors! Can’t wait to read your contributions.

1 Like

Congrats! Jobs well done!

1 Like

Yes, we will.:sunglasses:

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Thanks for your guidance!
Now I know how to pronounce your name properly!:grin:

1 Like

Congratulations guys! :clap:

1 Like