PowerWave PERFORMANCE TEST

Great tests, and it is good to know the detail of each charger ability

2 Likes

It is in a margin of error, every charger and every phone is a little different. You’d need to do it many times across many units before forming a firm conclusion. For now it just looks a little odd.

2 Likes

I want it!!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Sweet. Thanks
Really helpful when making a purchase decision

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of work, going into testing. It’s really great to see that you guys do an extensive testing. I appreciate this. Thanks :slight_smile: Very interesting.

3 Likes

This does open for me an interesting topic. I had wireless charging phones from Nexus 4, 5 but their successors got expensive and jumped to OnePlus which now is DASH but not Qi.

My OnePlus 3T is getting a finnicky USB-C port, I suspect it is the slow accumulation of pushed-in dirt (it looks to the eye clean but obviously…) eventually the physical connection will fail.

This benchmark is telling me that wireless charging has evolved from the trickle charge to faster, to the point we could potentially forego the need to plug to recharge? We would then use wireless for the typical day of home/office/home and preserve using the USB-C port for the atypical Powercore need of out’n’about?

My OnePlus3T is slowly aging, I was thinking of replacing about June with a … TBD

2 Likes

The faster charging rate has gotten me to like wireless charging. As from my past post I wasn’t a fan of it, but have since changed. I have a wireless 5 pad I will be writing my review on later today, I am a convert and will make sure any phone I buy now will have wireless charging. It’s rate of charge, while still slower than any fast charge, is enough to maintain and keep my phone powered up

3 Likes

I was converted 5 years ago, then de-converted because Qi got expensive, but these performance numbers makes me think it win the debate, the Wattage is now so high the trickle-charge past usefulness is now much improved.

The “problem” if you end up owning many wireless chargers, one for bedside, one for office, one for …

What this then beckons is a Powercore Fusion with Qi, so a combined wall charger + battery + Qi.

1 Like

oooo this is awesome! I’m excited, been waiting for one of these

2 Likes

I suspect Apple will be the first to remove all ports, but not yet… I imagine it will still be several years down the road. Maybe 5.

Really surprised your 3T needs replaced soon. When did you buy it? Our family uses phones for about 3 years… that’s after we bought them after they’ve been on the market for 2 already.

I suspect my next phone will be the mid range iPhone coming out this year. Probably will replace my iPhone 6 (2014) with it in 2020.

2 Likes

My phone is gracefully aging, it is 14 months old. It is showing signs where I have to power down and up to make it recognize the DASH charger. Which is fine.

Going forward, the reduced used of 3.5m ports for headphones moving to BT buds, the (hopeful) move to Qi to physical cable recharge, will make the one USB-C port both perfectly adequate and last the life of the phone.

Other pet hates are non-replaceable batteries so its hot gun for glue or tiny torq screwdrivers for unofficial battery replacements.

The disposability of current phones I find quite annoying. Wireless charging is part of the future.

1 Like

If the phone is not placed in the center of the charging stand, it may affect the charging time.

1 Like

Nowadays wireless charging industry has slow charging efficiency due to technical bottlenecks, and it is very sensitive to heat. Our WaveBoost utilizes high-efficiency component chipsets and fans to maximize charging speed, and 3 hours is the best record in the industry.:smile:

4 Likes

So does that make them not appropriate for bedside? The fan noise?

1 Like

Without knowing the overall fan size but having an idea of how thick this product is, I would not think the noise it generates from that fan would be much. You really just need to draw away a portion of the heat, not necessarily air cool it.

1 Like

Very indepth review. I like it

1 Like

The reason I can say with confidence, the reason I’ve gone TWENTY FIVE YEARS without breaking a phone, is I use a case in all my phones (for as long as they’ve been about). I also carry my phone in a belt case, some laugh n say it’s very 90s, but they’re the.ones who break their phones! Ha

2 Likes

Cool and creative way to test products!

Powerwave looks awesome. Already have three Anker wireless chargers for my iPhone X and look forward to picking up a few of these for home and work.

I keep mine in a heavy duty case and screen protector. But it keep it in the back pocket or jacket breast pocket.

These 5.5 or larger phones get in the way. I’m pretty active and don’t want to have it ripped off of me.