PowerPort+ Atom III Dual Port REVIEW

Not that good eyes, looks like gate 76A. They been upgrading all the terminals. I flown about 350 times out of there. It’s, say, Dulles IAD, has few and worn sockets which needs a corded charger.

1 Like

Ditto, 12ft 3 sockets. Ironically a US extension cord with a UK adapter into wall and USA Anker chargers is physically smaller than a UK extension cord and UK Anker chargers.

1 Like

I’m traveling so can’t make a photo to show the exact issue.

But look at this image and add gravity in a socket used a thousand times

s-l300

2 Likes

During my initial days as UC presales partner, travelled a lot to different geos ( travelled across all major countries and cities ) and learnt the hard way to keep all these cables, connectors, chargers, travel adapter kit from Targus,and all the fuss about last minute charging of phone and laptop :laughing:

Now the travel has reduced a lot and not time at home :grin: … so much that , increased my tele-commute to 3 days a week … and use only Anker now

1 Like

Btw that’s a polarised extension cord, if you bought a UK plug adapter it would not work as the adapter probably is unpolarized and the extension socket probably polarized and so they cannot physically connect.

The corded chargers with C7 and buy country cables is the most reliable. I know it’s not interesting and few understand it.

This last week, I had a UK person go to a UK hotel, then a flight with international sockets then a USA hotel then a cruise. I sent them with a UK Powerport 2 for UK and the flight as the underseat sockets less fall out with a UK plug, then a USA Powerport 2 as it falls out less than a UK Powerport 2 with adapter.

Geek!

1 Like

Yeah I get it, bet that can be a pain if the wall socket is a little worn

I’m voyaging so can’t make a photograph to show the specific issue.

Be that as it may, see this picture and include gravity in an attachment utilized a thousand times…MyBKExperience

Tape will help.

Glad to here you visited us :slightly_smiling_face: any good/bad experiences while in Canada?

Visited Niagara falls from the Canada side, which once you see it is obviously better than from the USA side.

Didn’t like the squished up population and traffic of Toronto, Hamilton, nor Montreal. Liked New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

Had to drive safely off Cape Breton as storm Dorian was going to close off the causeway.

What sort of weird they insist on French only on street signs. Fortunately had Google Translate on phone.

2 Likes

What makes it better? Less “tourist things” or just a better view? I haven’t seen it from either side

Agree, ditto, I also standardized on Anker but I also over years standardized on USBC and got rid of proprietary chargers, all my devices have LTE Sims in them, my watch, my phone, my small tablet, my laptop. That meant I could go on a week long business trips with just 16L daysack and surviving the worst of travel disruption.

A better view of the falls !

1 Like

A little bit of French is not too bad. :wink:
I am not so good in that language, but I can read the most.
Speaking is worse. :smiley:

Same is Iguazu!
Argentine and Brasil side.
Brasil is more spectacular.

1 Like

The border is right down the middle of the river which is forming the falls above. From the Canada side you can see both the American falls and the horseshoe falls plainly and easily, for free. From the USA you can’t really see either falls that well and why they built that sticking out green tower to peer around and see more falls.

You can obviously simply walk out of USA to Canada, see from Canada side and walk back, but the small risk of a hiccup at borders.

My first few days driving in Toronto was a crazy experience… now I got used to it as I know how others drive and how to avoid idiots.

I don’t understand why not bi-lingual signs for non French spoken people??
I really like that realtime translator :heart_eyes:

Now this risk is growing… I hear more and more stories… both sides :grimacing:

I Google mapped it and judged it’s just better to see from the Canada side and I was traveling west to east and basically you either go north through Michigan peninsula and down through Toronto, or via Detroit or Chicago. Pause for a moment and figure which you’d pick :face_with_monocle:

But most north America is like this: