Powercore not recharging

Do you try the other charging cable or wall plug? It looks like a connection issue.

1 Like

2 possible problems

The end of the lead is damaged
The socket on the powerbank is damaged.

The socket often gets damaged/bent/moved by being dropped while on charge/charging a device, and a cable is connected.

The end of the cable can get stood on, sat on (if in back pocket n have other stuff on pocket at same time).

I’m guessing, at some point while connected (prob by the same cable) it got knocked off a table etc, and landed cable end, and bent both.

Should life be part of the guarantee? That’s up to Anker.

Yes perhaps the socket on the powerbank is damaged… I always had the charging cable plugged in even when it was in my bag just for convenience - thinking back this probably wasn’t a good idea

(I’ve ordered a couple of new charging cables, so we will find out what it is soon)

Okay, let us know the result and we will know how to resolve it.

You can see if there is any damage by using a magnifier.
Could be one of the contacts is loose or bended.

Based on this and your original post it does sound most likely that the port has an element of internal damage (most likely the solder for the port has broken on the board due to cables left plugged in when in your bag)…which is giving the intermittent / degraded connection…

So the new cable arrived and it seems like the socket on the powerbank is indeed the issue. The same thing happens, I plug it in and only at a very specific bent position it will draw only ~0.24A from the wall

Send a message to support@anker.com and give them your serial number and order number so they can start the warranty process

If your power bank is within the warranty period, we will send you a replacement sample.

I am upset because apparently I am not eligible for warranty because I did not purchase it directly from Anker/Anker Direct… they don’t even ship to Australia how was I supposed to use that?

pls refund men

or replacement bro i paid good money for this

Where did you purchase this from?

A seller on eBay

That’s why, unless it’s brought from Anker direct on eBay then there is no warranty. I do apologise, but for future reference let this be a lesson to only buy from authorized dealers

1 Like

I literally can’t buy it from Anker direct, they won’t ship it to me

Here’s an image of the socket, it’s the ‘input’ that doesn’t work

Hey guys since i’m not valid for warranty how should I go about fixing this thing?

Difficult to say.
Seems it needs some kind of micro surgery.
You may try to “straighten” the dents with tiny screwdrivers and tweezers.

If your handy you can open up the powerbank… But I warn you that you will most likely destroy the casing trying to do so. But if that doesn’t deter you, then proceed on and open her up.

Once you get the casing open, you will need:

1. a replacement micro USB port
  2. Soldering iron
  3. Dewicking soldering sleeve or bulb…
  4. Electronic grade solder, I like to use silver but it cost more

Once you have everything proceed with caution, use the soldering iron and heat up the solder where the old USB port is and use the dewicking sleeve or bulb to remove that solder once heated up. After you have the old port off, align the new port and solder it into place… Make sure that you get a good solid connection and do NOT leave any cold joints.