Power Up Your Nintendo Switch With Anker's All-New PD PowerCores!

Official press release

Also spreading the word The Verge

1 Like

great info!!!

2 Likes

It better integrate the wireless charging that will be the most charging in new model phone and other new device

Pointless, Wireless charging on a battery pack is super inefficient

2 Likes

Nice find. I donā€™t own a Nintendo Switch but they look great and I need to show these to my friends. They have a couple of these for themselves and their children. Its good to see a new partnership for Anker.

2 Likes

Besides the Nintendo Switch Logo, what is so special about these Nintendo Switch version battery packs as opposed to what Anker already has out thatā€™s equivalent to these? :confused:

[Quote]
Anker worked closely with Nintendo to calibrate its battery technology to intelligently deliver fast charging to the Nintendo Switch. This means that the Nintendo Switch can be fast charged from 0% to 100% in just under 3 hours ā€“ even during gameplay ā€“ when connected to Ankerā€™s new certified power packs.[/quote]
Product Specifications

PowerCore 20100 Nintendo Switch Edition
Battery Type: Li-ion UL Certified Batteries
Capacity: 20100mAh / 72.36Wh (Up to 15 of additional hours of playtime)
PD USB-C Input: 5V=3A, 9V=3A, 15V=2A, 20V=1.5A
PD USB-C Output: 5V=3A, 9V=2.6A, 15V=1.6A
Standard USB-A Output: 5V=2A
Weight: 12.6oz
MSRP: $89.99 USD

PowerCore 13400 Nintendo Switch Edition
Battery Type: Li-ion UL Certified Batteries
Capacity: 13400mAh/48.24Wh (Up to 9 additional hours of playtime)
PD Input: 5V=3A, 9V=2.5A, 15V=1.4A, 20V=1.0A
PD Output: 5V=3A, 9V=2.5A, 15V=1.5A
PowerIQ Output: 5V=1.5A
Weight: 10.7oz
MSRP: $69.99 USD

Next week you will see another brand cooperation project.:sunglasses:

8 Likes

Seems like Anker is firing on all cylinders at the moment :thumbsup:

World domination next? :grin:

Seems very expensive for a power bankā€¦ How.much is an official spare battery pack?

1 Like

Let me guessā€¦ Razer.

2 Likes

Most PD battery packs are expensive

Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2!

2 Likes

1 Like

Yes! Exactly what we need! They look beautiful though too. Would love to see a smaller one so that I can carry it inside my case with my Switch. But I guess it would be difficult because of the amount of power it has. Either way, I want one of these so bad!

2 Likes

@TechnicallyWell, I take it that you have the Switch. Do these new PowerCores appeal to you as an owner?

1 Like

Yes, I love the Switch and Iā€™ve been using a regular Anker Power IQ power bank (5V at 2.4A = 12 watts) to charge it. With this setup, the Switch will only charge if itā€™s off. If Iā€™m playing the Switch while itā€™s connected to the power bank, it will still lose power (although, at a slower rate) as the 12 watts isnā€™t quite enough (the Switch needs about 18 watts to play and charge at the same time).

Since these new Nintendo Switch power banks can deliver over 20 watts, itā€™s enough to charge the system while playing it at the same time.

3 Likes

Here is an article that The Verge wrote about the partnership. Congrats @AnkerOfficial

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/6/7/17437550/anker-nintendo-switch-battery-pack-usb-c-pd-fast-charge-partnership-powercore