Poll: Did you upgrade your phone this year?

Newer Apple phone users, don’t you guys miss the headphone jack? That would be a big deal for me

Liberty Neo :wink:

1 Like

Lol I got some wireless earbuds but I gotta worry about play time. With my regular earbuds, I don’t have to worry about that

I lost the Headphone jack with iPhone 7 plus, so by now I’m used to this. I used the included earphones with Lightning connector most of the time, my Bluetooth pair are for the GYM (Also carry a backup wired Headphones). In my car I have the option of audio via USB(Long trip) or Bluetooth(Quick run to the store). The main reason I miss the Headphone jack is because recently I started a podcast using my phone and is a extra adapter you have to carry. By the way @AnkerOfficial any plans to make a shotgun mic or lav mic? just asking.

Yea if you don’t have wireless headphones, then you gotta rely on the dongle. Guess I’m old fashioned and like my wired headphones too much. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your podcast about?

This is my second attempt of podcast. I was doing the Keto diet to loose some weight, but I realized that I was not feeling any passion to make it. So quality was poor and honestly its a topic that many people have cover. So right know I started the new project (I haven’t upload any episodes yes), this will be more tech orientated related(but not exclusive) but the idea is to invite guest with different areas of expertise(Tech, Sports, Comics, Movies, Music) and learn from them and their point of views on tech. My plan is to have 2 different channels one will be English and one Spanish(since I have access to some Mexico local TV and radio host that I grow up with and went to school together).

I had no idea you spoke Spanish. Once you get your podcast going send me a link, I’d like to check it out :+1:

Thanks, will do. Yes born and raise in Mexico, got marry to a girl from the states, move and started this adventure. Learn English from my co-workers and friends. I still live near the border so Its not like I miss the good stuff. I still struggle sometimes when I write, but it will be worst not trying :+1:

3 Likes

Awesome dude! Your written English seems pretty good. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks. :sweat_smile: Everyday I learn something new.

1 Like

Perfectamente! :wink:

1 Like

Not sure how the rest of the world goes, but here in UK, the elaverage contract is 2 years, some now moving to three years (handsets are so expensive now).

I’m sure for the S10+ I could buy 5nof my old phones!

1 Like

Ha-ha! I’m still using my iPhone 6 and so is my wife! My son just replaced his iPhone 5s after using it with a broken Home button for two years. I found him a lightly-used iPhone SE as his replacement.

I just don’t see a need to upgrade until the old one breaks. My phone is not part of my identity nor is it a status symbol. Also, I’m certainly not going to spend $800+ on a new phone, regardless of the brand.

My phone isnt my status, not even my first back in 1993 was a status thing, it was a means to an end … I did lots of agency work, and back then when 95% of the population didn’t have mobile phones, I got a lot of extra work by not missing phone calls while out.

Plus it was great fun back then surprising people … Call a friend, are you up and ok for me to see… sure come round whenever… Then I’d knock the door while on the phone, they’d look so confused.

Back when a day’s agency got you approx £30-£100 pay (sometimes cash in hand) being able to take a call while shopping instead of returning home to find a message on the tape machine, and the agency was closed. I got the job and made the money.

I agree with you on this. We are a family of 4 and when we moved to US in 2013, we bought a new iPhone 4s and we used it for 2 years until the contract ended when we switch carriers. Since the 4s was carrier locked and weren’t able to unlock it from the carrier itself, we decided to buy 4 pre-owned iPhone 5. That lasted us another 2 years with battery problems. Then we bought iPhone 7 in a black friday deal after the iPhone 8, 8 plus, and X were launched.

Seriously saved a ton considering we bought 4 at once

1 Like

At first yes! The headphone jack was important but now that I have all bluetooth headphones no so much. It is easier carrying around a small set of bluetooth headphones versus wired ones

I also have a family of 4. I will definitely recommend the BOGO offers(Or the trade in offers, I know you are stuck with the same company for pair of years but sometimes its closed to nothing out of pocket). Since phones this days don’ t allow for an easy way to swap batteries I believe that after 3 years the battery will start showing that its ageing. I will try to keep my iPhone X for as long as I can and see how the battery performs.

I’ve always said, a contract is better than pay as you go.

Ok, I’m paying for.my phone as part of the package, but before it wasn’t so noticeable.

I used to say… I got X data and X calls n X texts and a new phone every year… Minus say 25 each month for the handset, then the rest of the price was great value… Now I’m not so sure,

Samsung charge the same as I’m being charged each month for the handset, but the data/calls/texts ain’t as great value as it used to be.

I cannot change my number… Not while my cat is alive at least (she’s only 2 on.monday). To get a free chip for.my cat (couldn’t really afford that and neutering) I had to pay quite a large premium if I wanted to change my details later.
Now I know I’ll have to move in a few years, but so long as number doesn’t change I can be found by vets if my cat escapes and gets found.

I don’t have great credit score as I don’t work due to disabilities, so to look around is not an option so long as I stay with who I’m with now… So if I’m gonna have to pay a certain charge, I might as well have the best phone I can.

My bill for the last phone was a single bill for both handset n tariff, now it’s divided in 2, due to this the annual tax raise was making my old phone almost as dear as.my new phone, so that’s why I got this handset, not to show off, but practical reasons… Sort off! lol

Yep, we went with the BOGO offer that T-Mobile had for black friday. It cost us less than the phones would’ve cost altogether

1 Like

man i need to get my bill down looking at all these sub 50 bills