One Plus Phone Owners! We need your help!

Google and Oneplus are Android. Did I misread you?

But I agree I don’t like proprietary anything. I am currently traveling across USA, Canada and UK and every little difference is a different cable, charger, which adds weight and cost. TBH my Oneplus spends most of its time in AN Anker 5V 2A port as I simply can’t be bothered with yet another special charger.

More current usually means more power loss and voltage drop across the cable, so by bumping up the voltage they can deliver the same power at lower current or more power at certain currents as opposed to low voltage profiles.

Yes I know, but I was seperating them from regular Android phones that don’t need approved chargers etc.

1 Like

If you bump up voltage you simply move power loss from cable to the phone step-down electronics.

I prefer a warm cable than a warm phone, it makes the phone faster while charging.

What I don’t see a legitimate argument for is other than PD as it supports the high amperage 5V which would do what Dash does.

One other important fact is if I am out for more than a few hours I am always with a Powercore anyway so I don’t really need fast charging for a phone. Where is need higher Wattage is my largest tablet. My 10.8" tablet barely recharges at 18W while used.

So what I’m saying is Dash, for a phone, does not need to exist, it solves a faux problem of someone goes for hours between wall sockets and carries their wall charger only. Why would an intelligent person do that when a Powercore of comparable size to the Dash charger holds about 2 phone recharges.

My EDC is either the original Slim 5000, or the Powercore II 6700 or the Powercore PD 10000, depending on if pockets or bag.

2 Likes

I’m an idiot–I meant to say “Still nothing wrong with it” :expressionless:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

You can edit your posts. Click the pencil looking iconScreenshot_20190903_095829

2 Likes

Just purchased a OnePlus 7 Pro (5G). I absolutely love it! Battery Life isn’t the best, but it’s so quick and smooth like butter.

I am dying because I can’t find a Warp Charger (5V,6A) that doesn’t cost $50 from OnePlus.

@AnkerOfficial please contact me and let’s make this happen! HUGE market!

Proactively connect a slim Powercore when it’s convenient then recharge the Powercore when convenient.

For example if you get a Powercore 10000 PD Slim and a 18W Powerport then the 10000 will likely last 2 days and it recharges in 3.5hr.

I thought it came with a warp charger?

Oh yes it does!

One for the bedroom, I’ll need one for the office and one for the living room. Maybe the car charger too :grimacing:

You could check offerup or eBay for used bundles of them :man_shrugging:

Yeah I have been, lots of fakes out there. Just don’t wanna jack up the internal battery.

@AnkerSupport any word on a Warp Charger in the works?

So did Anker do anything OnePlus related?

OP8 out soon.

The next OnePlus is gonna have 30w wireless charging :astonished:

Yes, but it’s not Qi compatible. Qi wireless charging is only 5w in the OnePlus 8

What’s the difference between Qi wireless and wireless?

Qi wireless is the wireless standard. It’s the type of wireless chargers that anker makes, as well as pretty much everyone else. It’s the universal standard.

OnePlus 30w wireless charging isn’t Qi compatible, so it needs proprietary chargers. This isn’t really a problem since Qi doesn’t support 30w anyway, so it’s not even possible.

The issue is that they opted to go for 5w for Qi, instead of 18w. I’m not really sure why this did this.

1 Like

Oh thanks, I didn’t know that :+1:

1 Like

Not yet…