[New Release] Security Video Baby Monitor

Eufy Security has just released a new video baby monitor… Take a look!

Features & details

• Detail Makes the Difference: See your little one in sharp 720p resolution.
  • Larger Display for the Little Details: The large 5” monitor display allows you to see every detail of your baby’s environment.
  • Power to Last Through the Day: The 5,200 mAh battery allows for 30 hours of monitoring in regular usage scenarios (default mode). For more frequent check-ups and continuous monitoring the battery will last for 12 hours.
  • A Connection You Can Trust: The wireless FHSS transmission for a secure and private live-stream that is for you and only you.
  • A Clear View as They Snooze: Crisp and clear night vision for easy check-ups in low light conditions.

Pricing and Availability: eufy Security’s Video Baby Monitor is available to order now from amazon.com for $129.99 and should begin shipping immediately.

What are your thoughts on eufy Security’s new video baby monitor? Be sure to let us know with a reply!

2 Likes

We were talking about!
I found such original one in my limitless (virtual) storage…:rofl::rofl:

Looking much better than this EUFY adaption.

1 Like
1 Like

Ok, so I was one of the beta testers. Since this has been released, I guess I am allowed to talk about it now. Here is a quick and dirty review. A more detailed review to come in the next few weeks (I’m in my last 8 weeks of nursing school, so I ain’t got much time).

PROS:

1. I LOVED IT way more than I thought I would. It is so nice to have a dedicated screen so that my smartphone is freed up to email, text, browse, etc. And my smartphone’s battery is not drained.
  2. Picture was great. The 5" screen is crisp. I had no issues viewing in daytime or night time, even at night with IR only.
  3. I turned off the auto-off setting on the monitor so that I could continuously monitor the baby for 5+ hours. Not that I was watching her the entire time, but if I heard noises coming from the baby’s room, I could just turn my head to see what was going on.

MAYBE PRO, MAYBE CON

1. This does NOT connect to the Internet. No Wi-Fi. Just connects the camera to the monitor. This is a huge plus for some. Maybe a downside for some. For me, it was more a PRO than a CON.

CONS:

1. No pan & tilt. My baby likes to roll around a lot, and my camera was stationed somewhat close to the baby. Often, my baby would go out of frame. I guess one way to solve this issue is to station the camera a little father away.
  2. No way to save clips. Sometimes my baby would do something fun/ny, and no way to save any clip. Maybe this could be PRO.

FEATURES LARGELY UNUSED BY ME:

• temperature: since it almost never varies in my baby’s room
  • noise detection: I had the monitor ON the whole time, so I could just hear her
  • 2-way audio: I tested it, it is adequate, but just didn’t need it
  • lullabies: my baby prefers more of a white noise. “Alexa, play babbling brook sound!”
3 Likes

Nice! When did you begin testing it?

Better get the babies used to big brother as soon as possible :rofl:

2 Likes

Middle of March. They updated the firmware like every 2-3 weeks, partly based on our feedback. Obviously, they were already working on feature updates and their own QA team was hard at work, but we also helped a little bit.

2 Likes

I say not connecting into WiFi/ then internet is a huge plus!! No reason to connect it to connect it to WiFi when you have a monitor :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree not connecting to internet is a pro because it prevents a bad parent thinking it’s okay to nip out while checking remotely the child…

1 Like

Anything you “connect” to the “evil internet” is vulnerable! :rofl:

1 Like

In UK now £100

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086QCGGXT

1 Like