[New Release] PowerPort III 65W Pod Lite Now Available!

Would be good to see a compact charger that can provide 15V 5A or 15V 4A at least, the majority are all at 15V 3A, there is a market for it for people like me, and it shouldn’t be hard or cost any more to make it happen.

1 Like

Nice, I was just about to buy the larger version for $26 on Amazon since it is on sale to compare with several other brand 65w and 90w PD chargers but I guess I will hold off until this one comes out to get it to compare…

Does this one come with a PD cord?

1 Like

Typically these come without cables because some may output to Lightning. Cables tend to come with the Powercore as they can only be charged by a specific cable type.

If you look at the non-Lite predecessor for example it says exactly that. Because Apple has its proprietary socket, an otherwise universal standard of USB-C would exist.

1 Like

really interesting :thinking:

1 Like

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerPort III 65W Pod Lite is now available to order from amazon.com for $29.99 and should begin shipping on September 30.

FYI – @professor, @paulstevenewing, @Nhi, @ikari04warrior, @Jordan_Long, @gwstarkey.gws, @minhduonggl, @Dez_S, @abigail.dmorais, @tonyhunter8

3 Likes

UPDATE

Anker’s PowerPort III 65W Pod Lite is now available to order from amazon.com for $29.99 and should begin shipping on September 30.

FYI – @iDerek, @nikpait, @Macgyver15, @spider2ybanana, @Mark_Dunsmore, @Daiross, @warren77lee, @doris4jin

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. The price is already good for a 65w charger but since I don’t need this much power, I’ll wait until the charger is on sale :+1:

1 Like

wow. Interesting they would release the full size pod and the lite version so close to each other, especially so when the lite was always going to be smaller and cheaper.

Full size: $40 at launch
Lite: $30 at launch.

I shouldn’t have bought the full size, even with $10 discount to $30.

1 Like

I suspect these designs involved different chips from different factories with different tooling and the dates got messed up to make too close shipping.

There is no inherent reason for higher wattage to be physically larger apart from heatsink.

Once you get to GaN the heatsink is small anyway so all the chargers should be very similar in size.

I’m expecting a shrinking of the 30W chargers.

2 Likes

How’s the charging working for you? I plan on getting the Lite version

Nice and small for 65w

2 Likes

Absolutely no problems with the device, typical Anker quality on that front. It is my primary charger now at my desk. Pixels, Dell XPS, Chromebook, and maybe one other device (fast) charged, no problems.

My only gripe (minor) is documented above, related to strategy and pricing, rather than the charger itself.

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll try to get the lite version when it goes on sale

1 Like

This is more instinct than intelligence, but as soon as I touched the UK Nano 18W, saw its size and felt the coolness when loaded, I knew a bright new engineer had began working and so I really clamped down all charger purchases til I see the same glint in the same engineer’s eye. I got the Slim 63W as the next product of whoever is doing this.

I won’t put Anker down but read between the lines what to NOT buy, while the bright engineer does their magic across the whole charging line. I’ll recognise it when I see it.

I wish Anker would share their roadmap but I understand why they don’t - the next new thing if announced will just stop people buying the current thing and sales tank and this community is funded via sales.

If you logically extrapolate, 120W-200W USB-C multiport chargers must appear at some point. The GaN innovations have removed a source of heat which prevented high wattage PD chargers. I cannot give a date but it’s just the thing folks with 60W input laptops with 60W input Powercore will just ask for next.

1 Like