New Anker Roav Dashcam - photos, manual, video reviews

Help! Help! My dashcam screen stays on while I am driving.

You have the option in the dash cam menu to turn the backlight off after either 30 or 60 seconds of use. It sounds like you have currently got it set on off.

1 Like

WHENEVER I cut on the car (even if parked and not moving) the dash cam makes a noise and goes into emergency recording mode. When I’m driving or not driving at all. HOW DO I SHUT THIS OFF?!?

I have the parking sensor off and the other one. (I forget the other setting) it’s so annoying!! Even if I turn the cam off while I drive, the battery backup kicks in and it turns itself back on.

It will make the noise and stat emergancy recording, I’ll hit stop, then 4 seconds later it goes back to emergancy recording

Hi @Locoboof,
It sounds like your Parking Monitor feature is still on. Would you please double-check the settings just to make sure? You’ll want Parking Monitor to be “off” and you can try setting the Sensitivity to “Low” or “Off”. Feel free to reach out to support@goroav.com if it still does not work properly.

I will email now. It’s off… everything is set to off and it won’t turn off. Even if I’m parked and not moving in my garage it still goes into emergency record mode

Have you tried the reset button (number 10)? Can often help when settings get screwed up;

I actually have the same exact problem, even when Parking Monitor is turned off. I’ve been meaning to contact Roav about it.

I have the same problem and have reset it several times, no joy. I will contact Roav and see what they say. This has been happening ever since I got the C1.

I just got off the phone with GoRoav and spoke to Jing. She said that the unit I have may be faulty and advised me to email support at support@goroav.com . I’ll come back with an answer once I hear from them. :slight_smile:

Emailed 8 hours ago and no reply. No matter what setting I put it on it keeps going off. Keeps saying “emergancy” and I’m parked

If you call them at 1-800-988-7973, they will more then likely replace the item for you if you have an order number. Unfortunately, I don’t have it, therefore I have to wait for their email reply. According to Jing, the customer service rep I spoke to, we are suppose to be able to turn off the Parking Monitor feature without it turning back on automatically.

I’ll call. It turns off, but the emergency still goes on

Great review!! :ok_hand:

I have the exact same problem. I swear there is a ghost in my ROAV. Even trying to power it off is a pain. It’s acts as if it will shut down. Then NOPE Emergency mode. Even more annoying is having to delete those locked videos 1 by 1, when it gives you 20 at a time.

Hi. I contacted Roav and did some troubleshooting with them. Mine now actually stays turned off (Parking Monitor). I will create a post with the necessary steps for everyone to follow. :slight_smile:

For all those that are having this issue, I made a post with the steps to solve this problem.

2 Likes

I completely agree on the emergency button issue. The dashcam has a sleek design making it almost invisible which also makes the emergency button very hard to find and press. I actually thought that big on off button was an emergency button before i purchased the cam.

Is there a way to lock the device?

I am putting one in my delivery vehicles and I don’t want staff to be able to mess with it.

Thanks

@Mathieu_Maltais Unfortunately, no. It would be cool if they implemented a passcode login though @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical

Hi @Mathieu_Maltais,

I’m sorry to say that currently we don’t offer lock function on the device. When the device is powered on, it will start recording videos. When power down, it will stop working.:innocent: