New Admin. Who dis?

Love that ^^^^^ It’s exactly what motivates me to build communities for eComms.

PS … you were rejected from the Facebook group … I changed settings so you can be admitted if you want to try again. (The hiccup is answering member questions and reading the rules … crowd control settings.)

2 Likes

So there’s different types of users.

Some are interested in technology and want to discuss upcoming, real or conceived products, recently released products, and so eager to see product roadmaps and discuss unreleased products.

Some are purely here for free stuff.

The technology interest users are the ones you should seek to stimulate as they come and stay.

The ones just for free stuff vanish as soon as competitions ends.

The Powerbucks was a way for active users to get free stuff - so a reward for involvement, that should be restarted. Then competitions based on talent, which are difficult to admin but they filter out those purely milking the system for free stuff.

I’d keep away of “random winner” type if you can as they just invite multiple accounts and never do anything based on “likes” or “votes”.

4 Likes

I 100 percent agree. The reward system you outline rewards the REAL value of joining this community. Thanks for taking the time to reply:) The audience segments you outline are my sense as well.

1 Like

Oh heyyyyyy! An old friend from a new community! Thanks for coming over. I see you’ve been here before:) Thanks for participating – I know you’ve been helpful!

for sure been here since 2017…loyal fan of Anker…it all started with the Anker 2nd Gen Astro Pro 20,000 mAh battery…from their introduced to their cables and tested out numerous products

1 Like

Haha! Love it when ONE product is so smart I come back for more.

Welcome @AnkerOfficial / Juliette,

I think I echo a lot of what others have said in saying my favorite part of being part of this community was being included in a tech companies decisions. I don’t know how much the power user and testing club actually got taken into account of making new products but the ability to be able to get products before they came out write really critical reviews on a public forum and post them really made me personally feel like Anker was being transparent with their target audience. It also allowed many of us to dissect and put products under a lot of scrutiny in hopes Anker and the umbrella companies would rise to the top and make the best product for the price.

One thing I’ve absolutely hated that I’ve seen by other companies is how much they focus on their “influencers” and how candy coated their “influencer” reviews are. This community has been tight knit for awhile and is very knowledgeable about Anker from the first power user products to beta testing and testing club.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the forum for the fact that we’ve been able to have long 200+ post discussions about products and what can change hoping it’ll improve the product along with an admin who can answer questions and put other input has been phenomenal in the past.

Yes giveaways and contests are nice as well but the ability to actually have input that’s taken into account in a company’s product I think is the key.

Thanks so much for reopening this dialogue and hope to see new great things in the future!

4 Likes

I’m hoping to re-attract the most dedicated users, but I can also understand that their interests and needs may have shifted. Still. We should have a party when they arrive :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s a good idea, for sure. I’m watching the other less-tended communities carefully in hopes of being able to support them in the future … and hopefully near future. Thanks for chiming in @samthompsonreviews

1 Like

Say more about what “discussions headed by admin” means to you, please.

1 Like

Oh, I think I have no talents. :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh, I think I have no talents. :rofl:

1 Like

You’ve got plenty of talents, Franz…and you’ve taught your monkeys well. (I miss seeing those characters!) :monkey_face:

5 Likes

@AnkerOfficial it would be cool to see another t-shirt design competition sometime soon

3 Likes

A cap would be the best! :smile:

1 Like

I stumbled upon my first Anker product in 2015 when searching for replacement Bluetooth speaker. I ended up taking home the"Anker Soundcore Bluetooth Speaker" before soundcore was a thing and was so impressed by the sound quality sleek design 24-hour battery life and affordability & have been an Anker enthusiast ever since. I reluctantly tossed my Anker box collection as it had taken over my closet that should give you an idea how many Anker products I own😁 I’m curious and excited to see what the future has in store for Anker.

3 Likes

This was my first ANKER product.

I donated it to friend.
He still uses it.

3 Likes

more recent anker products disappointed me so I just bought AirPods 2nd generation today to use at work. They are amazing :slight_smile:

I feel that the topics that are created by admins provide a neutral ground for responses. The topics that are created by higher experienced users make me not want to involve myself.

Anybody else getting repeat notifications?