NB10 Headphones will not turn on

Any tips on resetting? These are around 6 months old.
When plugged in and charging the light is blue (denoting they are fully charged), but when I go to use them the headphones do not turn on when pressing the power button.
Super frustrating and I have tried the holding the power button down when plugging it in trick.

There isnt much to any pair of bluetooth headphones, your next stop would be to probably email @ankersupport so they can offer additional ideas and most likely initiate a warranty claim (this is why i love this brand, 18 months is amazingly reassuring).

Please help. My anker soundcore boost suddenly stopped incrementing while charging and if turn it on, it doesn’t make the usual sound anymore. Even when connected to Bluetooth it doesn’t produce any sound :tired_face:

@Mgbsjunkemail As far as I’m aware there is no reset option for the NB10’s which would be the first call of action for most devices with an issue. I would recommend you contact support@anker.com which your issue, purchase date and any troubleshooting steps taken so they can assist you under your 18 month warranty…

@Arinze_Knightingale You should be able to perform a soft reset on the Boost by pressing and holding the power button for 4 seconds when in a powered off state. A hard reset can be completed by pressing the power button and bass up button…