My Soundcore Liberty Air Review

that is smart :slight_smile:

:stuck_out_tongue: That works. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s also great for hiding that your wearing them if you have a hat on. So when someone tries talking to you just keep ignoring them haha, works for me

Wowzas, another great review by @elmo41683, thanks!

1 Like

Good review @elmo41683

On sound quality of these earphones I have very different opinion (Comparing with Apple Airpods and Zolo Liberty).
@AnkerOfficial - is it ok for me to share my opinion? “I have beta tested these”

3 Likes

Would love to hear a comparison:)

With these, at first I thought the bass response was lacking and the vocals were a bit high. But once I changed the eartips and used them more they got better. Similar to what I experienced with ankers other headphones, once they “got broken in” the vocals and bass got a lot better.

2 Likes

Earphone diaphragm is very small and only moves 1/1000th of an inch in either direction during sound reproduction so “broken in” or “burn in” is not needed and will not alter the compliance of the driver. This is different for headphones and loudspeakers where diaphragm moves much more and break in helps with better sound reproduction.
Reference

2 Likes

As with all things headphones, it’s all subjective as we hear different things

The bulkiness of the earbuds are mostly likely do the type of rechargable battery that Anker chose to use in these Liberty Air. With Apple’s AirPods, the rechargable battery for each earbud is a long cylindrical lithium ion battery that is found in each earbuds long cylindrical “teardrop” section. However, Anker choose to use a circular button style battery which is actually present in the “head” of the earbud, similar to the Soundore Liberty Lite/Plus! The long vertical piece are just antennas! Putting the battery in the head of the earbud was probably easier and much cheaper to manufacturer, but it makes the head of the earbud much bulkier. These are basically just the Soundcore Liberty LIte but with an extended antenna section

1 Like

I have no issues with the weight or bulkness of these, in fact they are much smaller and easier to use than my Liberty+ . These also last longer and sound better imo.

Hi, I’ve got the Liberty Lite’s and wondered the same as I only wear the left earbud when I work and only the right side when I drive…
On the Soundcore site it says do this for the Liberty Lites - it may work for the Liberty Air
îś©
Can I use the left earbud separately?Yes, you can use it separately:
•Turn off the right earbud.
•Press once to turn on the left earbud—the white indicator light will be flashing. Then, quickly tap three times to enter pairing mode.
•Search “Soundcore Liberty Lite L” and pair it with your phone.

Let me know if it works and what you think of these Liberty Air’s

Bit late reading this but great review and pics. :+1:t2:

I prefer the form factor of the anker buds compared to the apple pods. And the ability to turn off without the box is such a bonus.

And congrats on getting them as a beta test, it’s well deserved as in past few months you have in my opinion def stepped up to the plate being a contributor. :clap:t2:

2 Likes

I don’t find them as loud as mentioned, I have to put them at about 50% volume outdoors and 40% volume indoors to get sufficient sound. I just got them though, maybe they haven’t burned in yet, if that’s a thing. Other than that, definitely happy with the earphones, they’re my first truly wireless pair and I get the hype now. Don’t see myself going back to normal wireless earphones.

Word of advice, play with different eartips to find one that gets you a better seal. At first I was ok with the size that came installed and later found when I changed to the larger size it not only fit better but got noticeably louder due to a better seal.

And I use mine at about 50 percent volume all the time, very rarely do I go louder

Nice review. I know this is an older review, but I decided to read some reviews on the community since I’m contemplating buying these :wink:.

1 Like

Thanks buddy :blush:

1 Like

How do you think these would fair while doing landscaping (mowing, weed-eating, leaf blowing etc.)? I do it professionally.

Are they loud enough (a mower is louder than any truck)?

Would they stay in your ears well enough?

I guess ipx5 is probably a good enough water and dust proofing :wink:

To be honest I ended up changing the eartips because the stock ones started to slip out if my ears when I started sweating a lot, I went with my go to Sony Hybrid eartips and I’m sure you seen me mention that they only fit into the case when I cut the central shaft back. But I no longer use these as my son has them now, and I use the Neo’s… These fit even better IMO and are so lightweight that I forget I have them in. But truthfully you can’t go wrong with either one… Provided you get the updated version if the liberty air

1 Like

Thats my problem too:
I was experimenting a lot in the past with ear buds and ear tips.
If these fitted in my ears these were not “sealing” and of course there was no bass.
If they fitted properly they were causing pains.

So I gave up these attemps and got back to my old ones.

Cheap and durable.