Microsoft Outlook, Hotmail, Msn Email Accounts Hacked

agree, it took me some time to realize though :joy:

With the amount of times they been hacked u would think they would do something about it. thankfully i don’t use any of them

You’re talking client, not server right?

So you can get a DNS service for mail routing, run your own mail server on your domain so your email is entirely your own. We had to do it that til about 20 years ago when “free” email came along.

Raspberry Pi it certainly possible but I prefer a faster cpu, mine it’s what I run all my server apps on.

I setup my own email server last week on Pi, have to admit - it is not all that easy, plus all the rings and bells to get the web access, and dynamic IP client and port forwarding… the list never ends… but at the end, it was well worth the effort :thumbsup:

1 Like

wow, you got a lot going on the poor thing, it can still do more, has resources available!

1 Like

Correct, between a Linux server, a Chromebook and Android phone… what more does anyone need!

Excellent video, shows the clear differentiation :thumbsup:

careful there buddy, remember that celebrity nudes leak from their icloud account hack :grin:
https://bestlifeonline.com/hacked-celebrity-nudes/ (this is article not the pictures)
nothing is super secure.

Come now come now. It’s common knowledge that Apple services are secure. Everything can be hacked, no matter how secure. But Apple actually cares about security for there customers :wink:

Yep, not denying apple’s care for consumer data. They are most caring in that area and even oppose govt’s for that. But the thing is nothing is foolproof secure. If possible do not put sensitive data on cloud.
Have you own NAS server or drive that is within your home network (not accessible to outside).

I’m planning to make an NAS from a raspberry pi. I was talking about it in this thread further up

That’s literally why consumers pay so much for

I don’t wanna start an argument here but you remember the FaceTime bug that happened recently?

Show me an independent audit which shows Apple services are the most secure. Til then its subjective and hearsay.

Apple has been hacked too.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was kinda bad…

@professor Apple isn’t the most secure (necessarily), but they care about security, and constantly work to make their services more secure :wink:

Well did you hear about how the person who found the bug didn’t get the kinda response that you would expect from Apple? They basically tried to hide it and it basically blew up on their faces. So I’m not saying they don’t care about privacy and security but they are a company trying to make profit so they do overlook things like others. But generally speaking Apple seems to be safer than others

1 Like

So which? :dizzy_face:

I am only asking to either say “it is my opinion” or “here’s my data sources”, not use subjective hearsay as knowledge, as then we’ll end up with a flat earth, alien abductions, and the long list of nonsense we have to fact-check back down.

I would say that Apple does make a reasonable effort to be secure, they also can afford to at the prices they charge, but to say they are secure, or more secure, is a claim which would need some independent facts. They may be, if so it would be provable objectively with facts.

When you said [quote=“Anjou1888, post:54, topic:68082”]
It’s common knowledge that
[/quote]

That is going too far. You could have said something else which would not be wrong. Or just show its a joke. But this is how false things happen, someone says a false statement and its not corrected and before we know “its common knowledge she was a witch, I heard someone who knew someone who had a friend’s aunt who saw a potato seller saying their friend’s uncle’s best friend saw the witch’s cat talking.”

I’m done arguing.

Monty python and the holy grail is a great movie though :joy: