Mars Lite USB format requirement?

Hi All,
Just received my Mars Lite Nebula projector and am planning on using it offline via movies downloaded to a flash drive. The MP$ movies are close to 5GB each so I needed to use exFAT format on the usb drive. The problem is that when I start up the projector the usb drive is not recognized. It is not the usb drive as other devices recognize it so does the Mars Lite not recognize exFAT?

Appreciate any direction on what to try/do.

I posted this in another post someone had asked

[Quote] Because the nebula uses OTG adapter it’s file system format is based off of USB file system: FAT32
Make sure your card is formated this way first and then add your files. Most cards are defaulted to ntfs format and that may be why you are seeing this message
[/quote]

3 Likes

I would use FAT32 and split the films. This way you may get files unter 4GB (maximum for FAT32)

1 Like

Thanks - was hoping to avoid splitting the file but if FAT32 is the file system then that’s what I’ll have to do.

1 Like

@mahuisman I am so sorry to hear that your USB stick is unable to be recognized. Could you please try some troubleshooting steps?

1. For your information, Capsule only recognizes USB flash drive in the format of FAT32. Please check if your USB flash drive is with the right format? You can check the format of your USB flash drive referring to the video below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjrSDjmzjH8
  2. If yes, please download a mp3 file to the usb stick and then connect it with the Capsule to see if it can be played(file manager>generic> the mp3 file)?
  3. Please try a different FAT32 USB stick

If still have the problem just email us at support@seenebula.com, we are here waiting for serving you.

1 Like

I have an external hard disk formatted as NTFS and the Mars Lite can read it and play the video files I saved there. However, it gives me an “incompatible audio format” message and the video plays without sound. I would like to know what are the compatible formats.