Lighter Anker PowerCore+ II 10000 and 20000 Coming Soon! (with Power Delivery)

Well I was hoping the USB-A port to have IQ1

Well considering itā€™s IQ 2 (which supports QC), then does that mean it would be separate?

IQ2 = IQ1 + QC3

There is no hint that IQ2 has rolled into itself USB-PD, i.e. IQ2 != IQ1 + QC3 + PD

We just need all USB-C, the newest USB-PD gets away from profiles so you plug anything on either end and it picks the voltage and current, so it is ultimately the successor, of IQ2 even.

QC3 does not appear to have a negotiation phase based on power budget.

This needs someone with multiple meters to buy and measure how load affects.

USB-PD can handle power budget.

Not true from what weā€™ve seen. Weā€™ve seen IQ1 have 3A output whereas IQ2 max so far has been 2A. Also still not convinced that weā€™re not sacricing size, weight, and price with IQ2.

So we have Speed series which has QC3 and IQ1 ports.

IQ2 has not been explained to us fully but the specs imply IQ2 = IQ1 + QC so IQ2 is not just a more efficienct IQ1, but a more efficient QC3.

So Iā€™d expect the Speed series, the QC3 products, to become smaller.

Correct, we have yet to see IQ products become smaller, but to be honest if you look at the tear-down of the 10Ah and 20Ah and the 26.8Ah products, the electronics are small, so Iā€™m not thinking these minimalist products can not be made any smaller, what they should be capable of doing is output more Wattage, so Iā€™m expecting same size more Wattage.

Hence, the Speed series successor becomes smaller. The non-Speed IQ2 products become more powerful.

Questions are:

• what is actually Wattage in and out of all of these products
  • price
  • size, weight

@joshuad11 @nigelhealy @AnkerOfficial Wheres the new Batteries! I want the 45W PD sssooooo bad. The 45W will really be able to charge a Mac book Pro, donā€™t worry guys I will most definitely test and review those new batteries.

1 Like

Q4 of 2017 doesnā€™t even start until Octoberā€¦ I suspect they may launch in December.

But hey, I canā€™t wait for Appleā€™s event on Tuesday!

45W PD is really interesting. 30W might seem a bit too little to charge mbp 13" when itā€™s on use (depending on workload) but 45W sure does the job.

You are confusing charging with speed of charging. The ability to charge your Macbook Pro is only a function of common charging protocols. A 45W speed of charging will come with some downsides, such as cost and efficiency (you would get less actual total recharge).

I just did a quick 2 day business trip and used a tablet which a 15W recharge input, but I used a 10W recharge input, because it was lighter and cheaper, I plugged it at every opportunity when stationary and it did that perfectly fine. I am about to do 2 more 2-day business trips, total of 30 hours of flying and living out of hotels and a lot of moving, so tablet, phone, BT buds and a Powercore and a Powerport. The 45W chargers are larger. Everything bulks up, cables get thicker, chargers get bigger, portable charges become more expensive and larger as you increase the Wattage.

Where I would not want to skimp on is the Wattage of a multiport Powerport, to gain the maximum benefit of any brief time near a wall socket, and on the recharge speed of a Powercore.

If I were to own a 45W input device, if there was say a 30W output charger which was cheaper/lighter, Iā€™d give it serious considering.

Speed = you didnā€™t really think about it earlier enough did you.

I have a trip to the USA southeast late next week, just where Irma is predicted to be, plan for the worst, hope for the best, power cuts and a 26800mAh Powercore and a LC40 torch, and lots of dry bags, I think.

1 Like

Great! The lighter the merrier!

Ok so Iā€™ve been thinking about this and by passthrough I think they just mean a multidirectional USB-C port, like the already existing PowerCore+ 20100 and 26800, but I could be wrong.

Is this going to happen?

IS the Powercore II 20000 actually called the PowerCore Speed 20000 PD?

It has that silly high price currently implying once in stock it will drop and then usually a 20% discount so may get to say $50-$60 with the supplied charger?

I still though want to see better chargers because if all you do is drain a 20000 which takes 4 hours to recharge, youā€™re going to want a dual-socket USB-PD charger to recharge your device and this Powercore concurrently, ideally a 60W dual-port (but anything 30W-60W e.g. 45W would be better than replugging overnight)

Actually I think this is not the crazy high starting price.

No. PowerCore II 20000 is the one with PIQ2

PowerCore+ II should have 2 USB-A Ports with IQ2 and the USB-C PD port should be capable of 45W output.

Still waiting on an update from @AnkerOfficial

WE have got to the point the name is irrelevant, we have to read up on the specs. Speed used to mean Quickcharge, which then got rolled into IQ2, now it means PD.

Someone in Anker has to take a tough line on consolidating the product line both in quantity and in consistent names or there will be an uptick of negative reviews from recent buyers remorse of buying wrong product, partly their fault but also partly Ankerā€™s for too many products with names which are close to useless.

1 Like

Not only that but it doesnā€™t take much for them to look toward another brand if they havenā€™t already experienced Anker.

At $89.99 I think we all have to agree that price is pretty high. Considering its bigger, better brother is only $20 more when its not on sale. This also only has an output of 22.5 watts, with 20100mAh capacity. Its bigger better brother, the Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD can output 30 watts, and has a capacity of 26800mAh, all for just $20 more. (unless you grab it before the sale ends at $86.99)

I think if they lowered the price to about $50, or maybe $60, that can market this to Nintendo Switch, and iPhone X owners.

Looking for a power bank for Nintendo switch recently, I have found all this very confusing, with the multiple standards and branding and variations in between that are vague and overlapping. Looking for a portable solution that support the fast charging standards, there seem to be nothing that fits the bill, nothing support PD and still fits in a pocket. So this PowerCore+ II 10000 sounds like it would be perfect and itā€™s disappointing there is still no sign of it on the horizon!

This would be your best bet for PD standard and can still be somewhat portable. ā€¦that terms is different for everyone, where I donā€™t mind carrying this in my pocket, others do and wouldnā€™t carry it in there pocket