Is Smaller, Better? Tell Us Your Thoughts!

Dpkroh has the right idea

Change the plug style to have the charger perpendicular to the wall

Make it USB-PD

And get on the Lightning to USB-C cables.

Stop trying to reinvent an old product or line. Look forward to make the new stuff have those features

2 Likes

If it’s just for home use then I really don’t see why you would pay more for a smaller one, so I would probably go for the cheaper options.

Also, I agree with some that, A, the smallest one would be better for traveling it looks like it still might be just a tad too big to fit two into one socket which is really what I would actually pay more for if all the other specs were the same!

1 Like

This will sound crazy, but I would rather pay 15.99 for option D than option A. I do not like option A, or B because of their design. They are just TOO small in my opinion. However, I understand that my opinion is incredibly unpopular. I also like thick laptops and cell phones. It just feels more substantial and more durable. I understand that the technological world is going smaller faster, but I still like my big stuff.

For one I keep at home or at the office I would actually not mind a larger one for cheaper. I would love to see a smaller or same size with more capacity Powercore fusion 5000! I would pay more for one that was the same size with a larger capacity like 8000 or 10000mah. I could be more likely to take that around with me as it doubles as a charger and a power bank while being slightly larger than a charger. I hope my feedback is helpful!

Yes! Small and lighter is a HUGE desire for me. Your company makes the #1 hiking and traveling powerbanks. I am very conscious of size and weight as everything sits in my backpack. I would always be willing to pay more to get something lighter without losing function because another concern of mine is time. I’m not willing to save weight/size if it means I have to weight 8 hours to charge my bank.

You make great things keep it up.

2 Likes

That’s where you start running into problems. In order for an 8k or 10k fusion to even be possible, Anker would have to make the device use space much more efficiently, which if that technology was applied to the original model, the result would be a more compact device.

I would pay a premium price for a USB-C charger capable of charging a MacBook Pro if it had 2 extra USB ports for phone and extra accessory (e.g., a watch) charging.

1 Like

Sometime the next several months, Anker will release a desktop charger with 2 USB-C PD ports and 2 USB-A ports (total power output of 100W with smart allocation controlled via an app)

2 Likes

B or C for home and A for travel :slight_smile:

A with ports on the top/bottom of the charger. It would be great to have a charger I could place behind a piece of furnature without the need to move it so far from the wall.

1 Like

100% agree. Weight and charging time most important

1 Like

Honestly I would not devote resources towards creating a smaller nor cheaper plug. Spend the money on R&D in other areas.

Since you ARE asking us to pick my vote is the smaller size. This is Much better for traveling and with 2 USB sockets I would only need to grab the charger and 2 chords for both me and my girlfriend. Outside of for travel the size of the plug really doesn’t matter to me AS LONG AS if I plug it directly into the wall I can use the other wall socket.

1 Like

You’re in luck: Anker already offers a product exactly like you are describing here! Check out their PowerCore Fusion 5000. Oh, and by the way, Anker is probably gearing up to release its successor shortly which has been in the works for several months now. :slight_smile:

for me, small is better

I like my chargers compact for travel, dual ports with one being USB-C PD and charge fast.

I also prefer the remain in black color. I don’t want white tech :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@dpkroh, @AnkerOfficial, @AnkerTechnical Best idea in the whole chain.

Smaller in and of itself is a minor virtue for a non-travel charger. Let form follow function:

• Don’t block adjacent wall outlets
  • foldable, changeable international plug
  • Not so small that it can’t dissipate heat from charging.
  • I’d like it to last at least 3-5yrs, but I keep devices longer than average, so I’m willing to pay a premium up front for that longevity reflected in a longer warranty duration.

TomS.

As an aside, trying to use the “Reply as linked topic” on dpkroh’s initial post #53 created a new post instead of a parallel reply. Had to use the reply to joshuaad’s post #55 to keep it inline.

2 Likes

So you don’t care about the price right?:smile:

Thank you for your suggestion!
It’s really meaningful and some occasions you mentioned are really representative.
We will keep work hard on the product development.:muscle:

3 Likes

I totally agree with preferring black chargers/tech. It looks nicer and you get the added advantage of no one mistaking it for their apple charger! :sunglasses:

The falling out of the wall/socket is something that has baffled me about some chargers. Especially when they’re on that smaller side of the charger AND on the lower half of the charger so they just topple right out of a socket.

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one with this problem. I was starting to think it was because my house is older and maybe my sockets weren’t snug enough or something!