Is Smaller, Better? Tell Us Your Thoughts!

really hard to say since it all depends on the needs. If your traveling you want the smallest as possible but if it’s home used at least for me I just want something that works and easily found.

2 Likes

I have a v similar one in black but a speed charger with 2 outputs

2 Likes

I agree! Would love something more compact

1 Like

From a visual standpoint I would choose A hands down. From functionality to usability it offers the most in terms of not just design but the ability to allow access to the second plug. Not to mention the smaller size will not weigh down old eletrical outlets

3 Likes

My top priority for these types of chargers is size, personally. I’m looking for one that travels easily, packs lightly, and charges quickly. Otherwise, I’m going to get a PowerPort speed 5 or something.

4 Likes

I’m liking these results so far (currently A & B are tied for first)… Really hope Anker comes out with A, but hopefully there is a USB-C variant, as well!

I think PowerPort II is the bliss point for size and price.

1 Like

I say A, but only if it can provide the same power/ features as D, and eventually come down to the same price point as D as well.

I voted A. I value small, functional things as I do travel and have to squeeze things into small bags. However I’d now only buy a wall charger that has at least one USB C PD port.

3 Likes

Size does matter. The smaller the better.

1 Like

B. almost as small as A but cheaper.

1 Like

I personally don’t like this trend of getting things smaller and smaller. I remember the old days when chargers used transformers and they were built like bricks and heavy but still it’s a charger that always lasted and then again it wasn’t that heavy or huge.
I believe the bigger it is there’s more place to make the heat dissipate better which I assume helps with durability of IC components?. Also there’s some sturdiness that bigger case provides and if it’s cheaper to make it bigger it’s a no brainier for me.

3 Likes

Things getting smaller doesn’t always make things better. For reasons you mentioned, and for value. The same functionality but at a worse price because of the ‘convenience tax.’

There is a trade-off that I don’t believe is equal.

2 Likes

it will be good to have two different line up, one small for traveling, and another bigger/cheaper for the home.

Probably pointless non USA Canada people voting, as won’t be available for anyone outside… If it is, it won’t be, if via PU/PD

I would love the Size A if it has the quick charge 3 ports.

I think this is gonna be the only time on here, men n woman, will be arguing it’s too big and they want it smaller! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Yeah, it make sense! Even only $5 gap.

2 Likes

Good idea, our product manager talked before actually.:smile:

It looks a bit like Transformers.:joy: