How to Stop Family and Friends from Stealing Your Mobile Cables [Article]

Yes, that’s true! When someone asks me to borrow something, it gives me a sense of accomplishment.:joy:

1 Like

Yup used to happen to me but then I got a anker wire so I can differentiate the cable👍

We run a family “central station” here:
So cables can not be “stolen”. :joy:

2 Likes

Often have cables disappear at work but I do manage to track them down again in the long run :grin:

5 Likes

We have the same issue with Chargers, knowing Anker charger is faster, everyone likes to use it for their phone or ipad, so I had it in family room. Then it gets in competition who is first? lol I have the stock chargers on the side but nobody wants them :joy:
Need to buy more Anker chargers or power banks now !

1 Like

I’ve given cables away… New phone same cable, after a couple years, it soon mounts.

I usually buy new cables anyways cos the free ones are shit, and too short, for any practical use… Well unless you don’t mind charging the other side of the room!

Cos I’ve always gone for the top spec fone, As I use most of its features, and to get a better camera‽

Jane (my fiancée) has never had a brand new phone, or even a decent one… Not til I bought her one this year. So she is still on micro-usb, and I’ve been on C for a couple years already. This means she has non-use for “my” cables, and wouldn’t know the difference, if she did by accident. She would, ask me if “so n so” cable was ok for her to charge, but that’s it.

So my cables are safe… For now!

You need a charger with many outputs.
I use such one.

1 Like

I gave one of my extra Anker cables to my mom and she was so amazed and said that’s what love was because she knows I love my Anker cables and only buy cables from them

1 Like

Wireless charging masterrace assemble!

This is a pretty good idea. Time to start my own at home

Either buy more cables, or…

I guess super glue would really work. Also you can smear some silicone grease on the ends and with that slippery, wet feeling they will leave them cables alone

1 Like

My cables haven’t been stolen so I don’t see a problem

Glue?
Better use such cables.

But even those can be stolen! :joy:

4 Likes

Using PowerPort II now but need to buy a 6 USB outlet charger and bunch of lightning cables… Waiting for them to come on a Power Draw… :grin:

1 Like

And dont forget to “install” a public charging place in your house.

The family will meet each other there often! :joy:
A social meeting place! :joy:

2 Likes

That’s a nice idea … lol
It’s hard to find family time these days, so we can force it this way. But I doubt everyone will be looking at their device screens while they charge… instead of looking at each others faces and start a conversation

1 Like

May be a table and chairs nearby would help to keep the assembling steady! :wink:

That is a very smart way to gather up the family!

2 Likes

At 19:00 we will meet for charging! :joy:

2 Likes