How did you discover Anker?

Actually I have been buying external USB battery packs for some years but many failed, the one which hasn’t failed is Anker so its coming back to decent quantity. I have products from others (I wont name) which failed.

I can’t remember how I discovered, likely was simply searching and picking on reviews vs cost like most of us.

1 Like

I discovered Anker when I started playing Ingress from Niantic Labs. After seeing the quality of the batteries I bought more, then cables, then diffusers, then headphones ha! The quality was so good to begin with I trusted whatever I got would be the same. And I was right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was browsing around in stores and online for a portable charger and came across Anker on Amazon and saw that the charging speed was much faster. Showed a few friends and they were impressed with the rate at which their phone chargers. Also nice to have multiple USB ports with a single charger.

1 Like

I discoverd anker on amazon … purchased a set of few products initally and later feel in love with anker products today i am an avid fan of anker products and a proud owner of several products. I simply love my anker gear and always recommend anker to all my mates. Love you Anker

1 Like

I was on Facebook and saw the add for Anker , :open_mouth: even though I had heard of them in the past, I didn’t know anything about them. :pensive:. So I decided to explore Anker and was pleasantly surprised :roll_eyes:. Now I will be keeping a close eye on Anker. :+1:

1 Like

Saw a competition on facebook to win a portable charger

1 Like

Amazon. hehe :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first Anker product was an internal USB card for my PC (3?) years ago. Inside the package was a little note about their power user program. I signed up and the rest as they say is history. I’ve been a fan ever since.

1 Like

i actually first noticed them from one of their items being the best seller on amazon, bought it and have never looked back!

2 Likes

I first discovered Anker when I first got into the market for a power bank to keep my cell phone charged during camping trips a few years ago. After spending a few days doing research and reading various reviews on different products, I finally settled on the Anker one. I don’t remember the exact model number, but it was the one with 2 USB ports, a white LED light, silver trim around the USB ports, and a charge meter composed of 4 blue LED lights.

It has lasted me for several years, and only recently did it the last surviving port finally give out. Since then, I’ve purchased various charging cables, Bluetooth headphones, and a newer power bank, all due to the stellar experience I’ve had with Anker products.

As I’m currently shopping for a Bluetooth speaker to integrate into a DIY project, the toughest choice will be which of the many speakers Anker offers to choose.

Kudos, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Amazon… I was looking portable chargers

2 Likes

My Anker story is similar to others but it happened so organic that I couldn’t resist getting more and more.

One day I was complaining about my speaker to a co-worker. He was like, “Have you heard of Anker?”

I said, “No, whats Anker?”

He turned this tiny little speaker on… the rest was history. I have Anker this, and Anker that. I can’t go anywhere without telling people about Anker chargers, cables, speakers, cases, EVERYTHING!! I’m so glad that my co-worker showed me about Anker and their amazing products.

Anker for life! Or as long as they continue to make great products with the best service in any industry! Which feels like for life!!!

2 Likes

My Anker story is this: I think I discovered Anker around the time I got my first Samsung Galaxy devices. I had originally gotten my first real smartphone, a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. It became apparent real fast that 1GB of RAM for a smartphone was definitely not enough & the phone was slow as hell if you tried to have 2 or more apps open.

So I ended up trading it back in & got my first smartphone I ended up using for real, the Samsung Galaxy S4. I got a regular case & protective screen for it & loved it. As I started to use it more I realized I was such a heavy user that I was having to charge it multiple times a day or have it plugged in while I used it so it wouldn’t die on me.

That’s when I started to look into if there was anything to help charge it without being forced to be plugged into the wall. So I discovered Mophie charging cases & loved the idea & saved up to get one. It was great & I loved that charging case. But if I was out of the house for a while it would eventually run out of battery & then I was running low on battery again.

So I researched online to see if there was any good portable charging devices for smartphones & discovered the Anker brand about a year later. After reading a bunch of reviews for their products I finally made the decision to get the Powercore Mini to try out. And it worked great! I loved having that backup in my purse for when I needed that 1 extra charge when I was out & needed it.

And now after getting my Galaxy S6 & started playing the Kingdom Hearts mobile game & Pokemon Go I realized I needed a bigger power bank. So 3-4 months ago I saved up & got the PowerCore 20,100 & the 2.0 Quick Charge Car Charger along with a couple Powerline cables. And now I’m looking into getting a car mount & some more cables!

2 Likes

Jan 19, 2015 - I had to buy replacement batteries for my Galaxy Note II. Found them on amazon, 2 batteries with an external charger. I was hooked by the packaging, quality, service and performance! Love ANKER! (AND ROSA :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

@jwgizmo Hah! I think I know the one you are talking about! I might have it tossed in a drawer somewhere but that thing charged all of my batteries! I lost the instruction manual right away and probably should not have been using it but it was so straight forward that I figured it out. It is the main reason I buy a spare battery for all of my new phones now! People look at me odd when I just pop a new battery in when we are on a long trip but it is way better on your overall battery life to fully drain and charge them. Thanks Anker.

I completely relate to the multiple Anker items. I actually just purchased another two Powerline+ cords and now I am ordering a charge bank with jumper cables. This morning our car decided it wanted to have a battery problem. We have roadside coverage but it is just an inconvenience to have to call and wait for them. I bought one for my father in law and that has me thinking that we are travelling some dangerous roads over the holidays which are out in the middle of back country. Roadside assistance is great but during this time of year we may be stranded. I would rather be safe than sorry! That puts my tally of Anker products to about 35 :blush: collected over the last few years. Some have been cough borrowed by people long term haha which is Ok!

I absolutely LOVE all of your different perspectives and origin stories for finding Anker!!!

1 Like

i have been using Anker mouse’s for gaming and at my engineering office for years now.
they are top of the line and any time i ever had a problem with one that where there to help out or replace if needed.

2 Likes

I stalk NLee the Engineer on amazon prior to purchase of any charging technology

3 Likes

always enjoyed the product so I did a search to see if I could try to be a reviewer of the product

1 Like

Hahaha! I love the “stalking” but! I too am guilty of a bit of company stalking for news and product info. I have found some pretty cool things that way!

1 Like

With reviewing I would start on your own! If you have stuff you use and love tell people about it. Take good photos with a plain sheet in the background and put it on Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc. Those sites don’t require you to purchase from them. Then send an email to the coThen. With the link and let them know you are interested. That is how I started out years ago. Also set up a free blog via Blogger, WordPress, Facebook, etc. and post longer reviews of those products. Videos are a plus too using Youtube. Include those links in your email! Companies love to see their products working in every day homes and having you share your success story on social media helps them.

3 Likes