Hello, City! | Share Your Story and WIN PowerCore II 6700!

#Hello Los Angeles#

I wasn’t born in California but i was raised here since i was 5 years old. I have many memories when i was a child growing up but most of my memories and the reason i love Los Angeles is for all the nice scenic roads i can ride too. Those are the memories I cherish, especially with friends and loved ones. I cant wait to explore more roads of LA

3 Likes

I watch the documentary 180 south…great stuff

1 Like

#Hello, San Diego#

This shot is from Balboa Park, which opened in 1915 for the California-Panama Exposition. With 17 museum and totaling 1,200 acres, Balboa Park is the largest urban cultural park in the United States, and is also home to the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Naval Hospital. This exact spot is my favorite spot in the park.

4 Likes

#hello, Belfast#

Belfast for some is famous for being the place where the Titanic was built, the place with the most bombed hotel in the world, the place where the Back to the Future car (DeLorean) was made, or the place where Games of Thrones is filmed and ofcourse not forgetting the Ulster Fry :raised_hands:t2: . But for me it will always be … Home.

To say that it’s had a very checkered past would be an understatement but thankfully the majority of us have moved on from “The Troubles” and have become a place where people now wanna visit.

Won’t really get into the politijcal side of things, but as a city it’s come a long way and if you are looking for a good night out there is nowhere better to be for drink, craic and music. Given the size of Northern Ireland as a whole you are never too far away from the countryside and it’s clear to see why Ireland is called the Emerald Isle.

Next two pics are government buildings, which is also my workplace.

9 Likes

Hello, Monterey

Home of the Monterey Bay Aquarium, and the grumpy fish!

Awesome Hiking

Pebble Beach

Delicious Seafood, oh and fancy wrapped lemon to prevent the seed from dropping on your food when you squeeze :wink:

7 Likes

@k_pug2003 I would love to be able to drive through those trees and take in the scenery. So gorgeous

#Hello, Seattle#
Mountains, Water, Tech and People. A little bit of everything here.

1 Like

#Hello, San Diego#
I was a senior in high school when I first visited San Diego. My older brother and I had a road trip to visited colleges I got accepted to all along northern and Southern California but I knew the moment I arrived, San Diego was gonna be my second home. I’ve lived all my life in Sacramento, my parents wanted me to stay close and go to UC Davis. I on the other hand had a different mindset, I was gonna venture on my own.

Geisel library…I went to UC San Diego (Revelle… for those who know what I’m talking about). I ended up meeting my best friend my sophomore year in college… good times!

The infamous Gaslamp district, where once I turned legal age of drinking, i spent plentiful of times enjoying the night life it offered to unwind.

Pacific beach…where I can go and relax in my T-shirt, shorts and flip flops and go bar hopping and the beach :desert_island:.

Unfortunately college was over (woohoo!) and I had to move back to Sacramento and begin my grind (my wife said I had to move back :wink:, she went to college in Sacramento). I have several friends that have moved away and come back to San Diego. I will retire their one day, hopefully I can Influence my kids to go to college in San Diego one day and I can go back to vacation mode for the rest of my life. If you have never been, please go. People are laid back and can’t beat the weather, beaches and diversity of people and their cultures…so on that note

10 Likes

Is the library an actual building? Because it looks amazing

2 Likes

Library…if you go to the top floor you can see the ocean @Kopra_12

1 Like

The are called the Dark Hedges, became really popular due to the Game of Thrones.

There are soooo many stunning coastal / countryside routes in Ireland. When we get our 2 weeks of summer getting out on bike and doing them makes it even better compared to being in a cage.

2 Likes

#Hello Barry & Merthyr Tydfil#

Born and raised in Barry, South Wales where I spent every minute I could out with my mates and over Barry Island. Made famous firstly by Billy Butlins and his holiday park and the amazing fun fair across the road. It brought so many people to the area.

Then at 29 I met my wonderful wife when working in Merthyr Tydfil and have been there for 16 years.
A place made famous for starting the industrial revolution and a town built on Mining and Iron production. The place where the steam engine was created to help get the coal from the valleys to to Cardiff and Barry docks for export.

A beautiful town nestled just on the edge of the Brecon Beacons national park. with amazing scenery, the highest mountain in South Wales where people climb daily and lots of trails etc for mountain biking etc.

Cyfarthfa Castle and Museum, built by the owners of the iron works so they could look out of their home and see their workers hard at it. Now a fab country park.

The Redhouse, the old county hall. Recently renovated after years left to ruin. A theatre in the heart of town.

Ponsticill Reservoir, one of many which feed the Welsh valleys with fresh water. Also used for leisure activities.

Cefn Coed Viaduct. What a wonderful structure which I see every day. Also used to link the rail lines from Merthyr to the coast but now a pathway and part of the no’ 48 cycle path.

I do love it up here. Surrounded by fields and hills. Great for getting out and about.

7 Likes

#Hello, Erie#

Probably my favorite thing about living here is Presque Isle where you can run on the 13 mile trail (I rarely make it past 5) or relax on one of the many beaches. It’s also the first place I caught a Pikachu when Pokemon Go first came out! :joy: And it’s a good thing I like snow because we get plenty of lake effect snow in the winter.

2 Likes

@nigelhealy having been born and raised there I know the crime rates and stats are not exaggerated by the media. Just in January last year there were 34 murders and a handful of shootings. The people who live there including myself grew acustomed to the violence and what went on. I left there because I refused to raise my son there, because God forbid something happened to him and I’d end up turning down a dark path because of it.

2 Likes

Damn straight, fellow Michigander/Detroiter.

#Hello, Stowe#

I have been lucky enough to grow up in a phenomenal little town way up north: Stowe, Vermont. Home to some of the best skiing and hiking on the East Coast, Stowe is a place that I didn’t realize was one-of-a-kind until I left. For the past few years, I have been in college in a major city, and while I love living in a place where there are stores open later than 9pm, an immense weight is lifted from my shoulders every time that I return home. The fresh air, beautiful landscapes, and friendly faces are always quick to remind me that I have lived my whole life in a place that the rest of the world vacations to.

This summer, I met up with my old high school friends every weekend to hike, bike, or paddle somewhere we had never been before. The result was an even greater appreciation for my town than I’d had before, and some stunning shots that have been my phone and laptop backgrounds ever since. When the stress of school catches up to me, I simply take a few minutes to take some deep breaths and remember back to when my only care in the world was whether I’d brought enough snacks for the summit.

9 Likes

@Sam_Reed when you come back to VT hit me up. I’m around Rutland Vt and often go to the lakes or the Gorge for kayaking

The Hello Dallas!

The home of the Dallas Cowboys (Arlington host them), Texas Rangers, (Arlington host them) , Dallas Mavericks, and the Dallas Stars.

This a dangerous topic for me. I could write 2000+ word article on Dallas and post 100s of pics of Dallas. Here are a few Here’s a short version about Dallas with a few pictures I’ve shot of Dallas over the last 4 or 5 years. All the pictures are shared via flickr since they are to large to upload here.

I’ve lived in the Dallas area for most of my life. Our family moved to California in the 80s and my parents made it only 4 years before they sold their house and moved us back to Dallas.

Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge

Dallas is full of history, cultural and full places to visit and things to do. We have our famous skyline and our landmarks that everyone that lived in Dallas for a long has grown to love it. We our famous Red Pegasus that once flew over Dallas for decades that was replaced with newer not so famous Red Pegasus and the original was lost for years and found and refurbished. She now flies again in front of the Omni Hotel in Downtown.

The Red Pegus - Downtown Dallas

We have museums, the Dallas Symphony, Art Museums, Natural History buildings, several art districts, and of course the State Fair of Texas is hosted here and so is the Cotton Bowl. If you want to see more head over to the Fort Worth Stock Yards.

Invasion Car Show 2014

On the edge of Downtown Dallas is Deep Ellum and is part of the arts district. During the day you can explore the art installations and wall murals, explore the hosted festivals, or visit one brew pubs or take in a concert at one of the local clubs. During the 1920s the area was an African American Community full of Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, and Businessmen. Over time the area became a run down manufacturing and warehousing district that slowly became a bar scene then to what it is today.

The Traveling Man Statue - Deep Ellum, Dallas, Texas

Dallas has it full share of celebrities (good and bad) calling Dallas their home over the years (check out this list of current celebrites - https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2003/march/the-top-100-dallas-celebrities-ranked/.) Bonnie and Clyde grew up in Dallas. Before Clyde became famous he worked an old warehouse in the West End of Downtown Dallas now referred to the West End Market Place. Sadly that building closed its doors over a decade ago but the owners still maintain the building. Just across the Trinity River off Singleton Blvd sit the family home and service station that Clyde Barker lived and worked as boy.

West End Market Place

The Barrow Family Filling Station in Dallas.

Our wonderful city has grown so much over the years that you can’t tell where one city ends and another starts. Everyone says their from Dallas even if they are one of the smaller surrounding cities.

We also love bringing new companies to our city. Just down the road Toyota and State Farm have large campuses setup and are continuously hiring new people. If you are looking to make a change, Dallas is a great place to work and live.

6 Likes

Go Sonics! Hopefully we get the nba back! Die hard SuperSonics fan here. Big Gary Payton and Shawn kemp fan

#Hello, Doylestown#

Many fond memories with my son built around Kids’ Castle.

5 Likes