Has Power Draw drawn the power of other offers?

Definitely

1 Like

I believe we discussed this with Anker some while back. The goal of Anker is a more inclusive much greater member community support, so giving higher level members more priviliges would tend to block out new members. If a new member could barely win due to higher level members able to bid more, it could reduce new members. As it is, more active members can bid more entries due to more bucks due to either more active or accumulated over longer period.

My only real ask would be more moderators or some way to keep the flagrant new thread for bucks down to a reasonable minimum, of which say a ā€œthis thread looks too much likeā€ with a prompted search to reduce duplicates, because everyone should be allowed to be a noob a few times.

3 Likes

I went to Flag a post earlier and cancelled because the options didnā€™t really fit. It was more of a duplicate post. But the options were more geared around being offensive.

@AnkerOfficial might want to add more options.

Edit. Suppose I could of used something else.

2 Likes

I have flagged and used the other option and in the drop box posted what the issue was if duplicate post.
But I agree with @nigelhealy and either more moderators or a function that when a user creates a thread it shows all the post that are similar to so and so title and ask them to post there before creating a new thread. This is one of the functions that is on one of my beta sites and it has been a godsend since they implemented it as there are fAR fewer duplicate post and more relevant post now

3 Likes

Sounds ideal.

I like your other idea too but this goes without saying as the community grows.

I agree. Offensive is obviously a more serious issue. However, spam/duplicates/meaningless posts are way more common and therefore are in need to be addressed more often.

1 Like

Flagging to moderators is better than in thread pointing to moderators. Avoids backlash. Needs moderators more active which means more moderators given everyone has to sleep / eat / work / travel / whatever.

3 Likes

As someone mentioned recently, this is a community and therefore we need to be tolerant, especially towards new and up and coming members. I remember when the community relaunched last Sept we had one user who clashed numerous times with both myself, Ryan (@TechnicallyWell ) and the site admin Jack (Avexius) due to similar posting behavior weā€™ve seen recently of ā€˜ainā€™t this coolā€™ etc but the member soon calmed down and has become not only a valued member but the first Senior member (yes, you @joshuad11 , a true ā€˜this is your lifeā€™ moment, Iā€™m sure the older members will get this :smile: ).

While more moderators will no doubt be required as the community expandā€™s, I think revoking points/bucks gained when a thread is closed by admins/mods (which happens on average within a few hours at the latest) would assist with reducing the posting for rewards mentality as it will be all give but no gainā€¦

On the whole, compared to when the community relaunched and I think in part due to the points/level restructure, duplicate threads have reduced. Probably less than 150 for the year. As for meaningless posts, despite any sanctions or a 1000 mods it will still happen, some would probably consider this one :laughing:

Time for the second coffee of the day :coffee: and maybe a :cake:

5 Likes

Great suggestion, I was surprised a similar function hadnā€™t already been put in place as warnings are given for multiple separate replies in a row (think around 4?), advising you to consolidate into a single post.

Haha go on Josh :joy:

Very well stated. While duplicate posts can be a nuisance, we also donā€™t want make new users ā€œafraidā€ to create a new thread for fear of backlash, which then leads to more thread hijacking or the user never returning (and weā€™re glad you stuck around, @joshuad11 :smile:) .

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::laughing::laughing::laughing:Haha go on Josh!!! @joshuad11