Game Alert: Name that band using only Emoji's

The trouble with that is, if it’s based on likes, there’ll be the usual few who’ll clear up, even if not necessarily the best!

Plus, if it’s first to answer, time zones play a part in members missing out.

1 Like

That’s why I suggested the points and times system. It would go something like this:

• The clues would be given at different times throughout the day - say, 5 different time zones, to accommodate people from around the world
  • The first X correct answers are awarded points on each item - i.e.: the first five get five points, the next five get four, the next five get three, and so forth. In this example, we would have 25 people scoring points in each item.
  • The winners would be those with the most points accumulated throughout the contest. So if one person got the first right pick on one particular item but never player again, this person probably wouldn’t win. To win, you would have to accumulate points and get high on a scoreboard. The winners would come back regularly, according to their own availability, to score points.
  • A week-long competition with 5 items spaced throughout the day and the five-by-five answers and points system suggested would give anyone 125 opportunities to score at any day, 875 in a week. First-guessers get more points in a particular item, but I doubt anyone would stay awake or come back during work hours just to score points. A better math could get us to a items-per-day allowing someone to actually win by consistently scoring one or two points, against someone who got a couple of five-pointers.

So, no first to answer, no likes involved, multiple time zones so more people get a chance. A long game with a scoreboard. It’s not perfect - given that it’s the product of no more than a 5 minutes one-person brainstorm - but it’s something, right?

1 Like

Time zones don’t matter if you never sleep :smiling_imp::joy::joy:

3 Likes

You can sleep when you die, and it’s for the wiked

3 Likes

:high_brightness::eyes:

good luck :sweat_smile:

I like the idea of expanding it to other things like movie titles.

Is there a way to make one thread called “Emoji Game” and then have sub topics under it for each category?

Easiest way would be to create a new thread like ‘Game Alert: Name That Movie Using Emojis’…just as long as things don’t starting getting crazy such as name the object, whats my pet’s name etc etc as a points generating exercise for any and everyone :smile:

3 Likes