Finally a PD PowerCore+!

$99 not worthwhile. I have a $30 Powercore 26800 plenty of life left, the dual input so 20W its not that much worse than 27W input, in my mind.

1 Like

A couple have recently, the SoundBuds Digital IE10 come to mind (still mean to post my review) but hopefully with feedback vs sales they might bring them within a better price margin…

yep like the turbo is now $30

Can’t even charge a 2016 MacBook Pro

I have had laptops since 1995.

I now buy systems, I think the laptop plus its charger plus portable power, and buy these together and only together. Actually the most important is the charger, because carrying two types is a whole lot of cord.

Anker’s biggest gap is in a unified Wattage shared between all ports in a multi-port charger. They have not to my mind made one.

So what that means is I’m currently tied to a Google Pixel C as my portable laptop but it works really well with practically all of Anker’s current products which cost me about $20-$30.

back in stock

Good to know.

But that price…

I accept it is a portable charger and a charger, but still.

For me, once my Pixel C outgrows my needs, I’ll probably be getting a USB-C PD laptop, and then most of my needs remain not met by Anker. The primary problem is a true electronic merger in power input to all of the output of a multi-port USB-PD and USB non-PD set of ports. This fundamentally, the lack of this, is a core problem with Anker right now. You are going to carry that supplied USB-PD charger AND a non-USB-PD charger? You are going to carry a USB-PD charger and say a Powerport4? The chargers are where decidedly mediocre innovation is showing.

The Powercore+ 26800, I’m less concerned with, you have a safety upper limit of recharging which you either ignore or “do a Samsung”. The recharge speed problem still remains for all including Anker and its a safety issue.

Waiting…

3 Likes

What exactly are you waiting for?

Came across this review of the PowerCore+ 26800 PD on Amazon. Thought the part about the incompatible cables was interesting. Not sure what he meant by QC… Quick Charge possibly?

1 Like

That sentence reads to me as “QC” = “Quality Control”

2 Likes

Yep Quality Control. Afterall he complained about his item arriving broken.

I’m an idiot.

1 Like

Happens to the best of us bud. Its all good.

1 Like

Can anyone explain to me where this item went on the website? You cannot find this item in the “High Capacity Portable Chargers” section…unless I am blind.

I see it on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Portable-Nintendo-Delivery/dp/B01MZ61PRW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500911507&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+powercore+26800+pd

But I can’t see on Anker.

1 Like

yeah, it seems to be gone from the anker website. Just wondering. O.O

Don’t read too much into it. Items disappear and reappear all the time.

1 Like

Powercore+ 26800 w/PD can charge iPad 12.9 really fast! iPad gets a little warm though. Best portable charger I have.it recharged fast also.

Apple charges $50 for 29w charger this pd batt. Includes charger for free!

How fast? From what % to what % in what time.

Anker claims 2 hours.