eufyCam New Software Release Notes and New App Preannouncement

Now I have all the versions mentioned above (homebase, camera and android app) but I can’t see these new features:

The android app v1.1.6 description also doesn’t mention it:

When my homebase and camera updated to 1.0.7.2 and 1.7.6 respectively my schedule is no longer being honored. I tried deleting and remaking the schedule and rebooting the homebase but have not been successful in getting a working schedule.

Same here ! Had to go back to manual operations

Wow, does this ever NOT WORK as I would’ve expected. I wanted more fine-grain control over my front camera, so this is what I did:

• Motion detection sensitivity to 100
  • Clip length to 40 seconds
  • Retrigger interval to 0 seconds
  • End clip early if motion stops
  • Only notify me if a human is detected

I expected to get notifications AND RECORDINGS of any human out to the edge of my property, in duration of up to 40 seconds if motion was detected, with additional recordings occurring immediately if motion was detected after the prior detection/recording ended.

What I got was 200+ 40-second recordings of the rain this morning, with not a single human (or heat source of any kind) to be found.

I don’t have this “humans only” setting in the app 1.1.6. What is the firmware version of your homebase?

HB is 1.0.7.6, cameras 1.7.8, iOS app 1.1.6_190

Thank you, then I will probably have to wait for homebase/camera updates.

Regarding your problem: I believe it works like this: you set a very high motion sensitivity. This produces a lot of “false” activations of the camera.

Each time the motion sensor is triggered, it starts recording. That part is independent of the human detection.

The human detection will just control whether or not you receive a notification.

Therefore what you will want to do is set a lower motion sensitivity.

While I don’t disagree with your assessment of what happened, I brought this up primarily to illustrate to people that these features don’t quite work the way one might reasonably assume, based on A) Anker’s description of the features and B) the descriptions of the features in the app. So, either the features are buggy as hell or the descriptions are incredibly misleading.

The thing that’s fundamentally wrong here is the fact this recorded RAIN. Yes, there’s motion and the sensitivity was set higher than my usual (in the new app) setting of 80, but there is NO HEAT SIGNATURE, which is supposedly a prime feature of the motion recognition. THAT is either a bug or a complete failure of a feature.

1 Like

Yeah, I would like the ‘Notify me if a human is detected’ to also have the option, ‘Only record if a human is detected’.

Like you, as soon as I put it to maximum sensitivity I was getting recordings of effectively nothing.

Another welcome feature would be for the camera to put a box around the ‘motion’ so you can at least see why it thinks it should be recording.

2 Likes

I understand your frustrations. Unfortunately such a “record only when humans are detected” feature would cost a lot of additional trouble, because it would drain the battery. Only the passive infrared detector can be used 24h a day without draining the battery. As soon as the camera is switched on (even if just to send video to home-base for “human detection”) it cost a lot of battery. So such a feature would drain your battery undetected (because there are no saved recordings).

Eufy extended the range that you can set the motion sensitivity to help some users and they said

So now you can the motion sensitivity from “far too low” up to “lots of false detection”. Maybe they should have hidden this extendedrrange behind an “advanced settings” or so, no idea, I’m not a ui expert. But it’s clear that you have to set the motion sensitivity to a reasonable level by trying out the “test mode”, otherwise you will either miss events or it will drain your battery.

Well… no. There is no way to spin what happened by pointing to sensitivity settings or anything else if it’s RECORDING RAIN. Take a look at the Kickstarter again: they specifically call out that the infrared motion detection won’t trigger for things under 100*F.

1 Like

Makes sense. I guess this “under 100°F” is meant to be either the default value or the maximum value in the range you were able to set before the update. It is probably also not really a technically accurate statement, because if your skin is colder than this in winter, how would it detect you?

So in terms of the recordings, did you receive alerts along with these recordings?

The Human Detection will only notify if there is a human detected. It pushes only human events so that you won’t receive any false alarms. It will still save all of the recorded events.

Try to re-select and then save the timezone. This should fix the issue.

The firmware version for this should be HomeBase v1.0.7.6

Yes, I got both recordings of the rain and notifications of movement. Can’t recall anymore whether the notifications were for “movement detected” or “someone was spotted.”

Regardless, still rather stunned it recorded rain…

Make sure you have updated to the latest App v1.1.6. The Notification Settings are under Camera Settings.

Contact our support. We might need to look into this a bit further here via support@eufylife.com.

Cams on 1.8.0, Base on 1.0.7.9 since yesterday
any news on the changes?
Think its time to have dedicated support area for the equipment.

BR 2XS

I am actually waiting for the release notes too. They are going to launch app version too may be and then will have notes for all together.