Eufy Spaceview Baby Monitor Extra Camera

@AnkerOfficial Any update on this? It’s now the last full week of April and still no extra camera availability. I’ve seen a lot of discussion on the Amazon listing page in the questions of people (im)patiently waiting!

Thank you!

@AnkerOfficial I second all the questions here. Any update? It’s 4/27 and you’ve got 3-days left in the “end of April”. This is a make-or-break for us.

@rrieber I direct messaged them and they got back to me. They said that “due to limited product materials” (whatever that means, I’m still confused as to why its so hard to sell the exact same hardware they already ship) the date slipped to early May. So that means in the next week or two, hopefully. Getting a little fed up!

Heard anything? We’re almost halfway through May!

I emailed them last week and made it abundantly clear that we will be switching monitors and actively dis-recommending the SpaceView over this matter. I was advised that the cameras “are in mass production” and will be available within a month. Which sounds suspiciously like what they said in April. Time for review bombing on Amazon?

1 Like

April is over, been waiting on this second camera option as well! It’ll happen eventually ha

I was told early May at the end of April, and its now mid-May. They should be available now. I’m still really, really confused as to why they are having so much trouble making a camera that should be identical to the one that ships with the monitor.

I guess this response is slightly better, as “in mass production” is better than “delayed due to parts availability” or something.

I sent a direct message again and now they are saying it should be available by the end of May due to the latest production delay. If the response you got that it is in production now, this should line up with availability in a few weeks, I hope.

Now someone on the Wirecutter review page has said that @AnkerOfficial Anker/Eufy told him June. :rage:

“Thanks so much for getting back to us!
Yes, our marketing staff is preparing the Amazon listing and also other new release-related issues now. I’ve confirmed with them again and was informed that the first batch of add-on camera will be release in June. They’re now making every effort to speed up the progress.”

The delays seriously don’t make sense at this point unless they just don’t see it as profitable to release the extra camera? Like I said it doesn’t make a lot of sense. Something just doesn’t add up.

So I noticed this on the Amazon page under questions/answers.

“We are glad to let us know that second camera will be available to purchase within a month.”

As of May 19th, the Amazon seller says it will be available “within a month”. Let’s just say I have my doubts at this point. So the countdown has started till it is actually released or they announce yet another delay. Time will tell.

Just FYI looks like there is a new “Spaceview S” on the block. Not sure what this means for us O.G. Spaceview users who have been waiting for that add-on camera option. The camera & parent unit look to be the same to me in the pictures, so hopefully it’s just a firmware update.

Looks like they are charging more for the same hardware, but including the upgraded wall/corner mount and the new crib mount. The only feature that appears new with the actual unit is the ability to play lullabies, which is likely nothing more than a firmware update. I can’t believe they still say 1-2 months for the add-on camera on that product page, after telling me and others that it would be April, then May, and now June.

Yeah 30 dollars more for maybe 3 dollars of plastic. I’m sure both mounts are fine but we just have our camera sitting on an existing shelf, works great.

Something else that is interesting is that the monitor is no longer available to buy on anker’s website. They are currently pointing directly to amazon to buy one but to the original, cheaper version, which looks to have recently sold out. The new version only has a few units left on amazon. Looks like it will sell out soon as well. I guess my fear that a total product refresh would happen before they released of the second camera is coming true.

@AnkerOfficial, here we are in June and still no second camera. Your customer support emails are full of it. If you have some other plan, come clean. You are guilty of false advertising at this point by selling the system advertised with expansion capability. You are also willing to lie to your customers who, by the looks of this thread, have thus far given you the chance to act honorably and responsibly. It seems you are incapable of even that. My business is going elsewhere. I hope you are satisfied with your abysmal service, poor communication, and ineffective product.

Heads up, I checked this morning and the Amazon listing for the add-on camera is live!

1 Like

I saw that yesterday! Great to finally see it.

Sorry to let you wait so long, the add on camera is live now!

Yay! Says June 23rd it will be in stock for me