[eufy SmartDrop] The "Size DOES matter" Survey ;-)

Havn’t got any invitation to that survey so far.

I could share the Survey link, but not sure if the link is for emailed unique individuals or a general survey

@AnkerOfficial can you please check with the Eufy team and let us know

Let me check with eufy team. :ok_hand:

Hey @Shenoy, you can share it privately with @yamyam. They send out the survey email at random, so not everyone got the email, :thinking: but I think they won’t mind to get one more honest suggestion from an existing customer.

2 Likes

Thank you @AnkerOfficial i have already shared the feedback earlier.

Will share it with @yamyam over PM

2 Likes

Thx bro, will check my PM’s now and join the survey :+1:

2 Likes

@yamyam also, I believe you are already on the Eufy Security Community, there is another thread with kind of survey for UI design, may be of interest to you

Have your say on New UI design of Add Device page!|Design discussion

You may want to pitch and ask

1 Like

+++ SURVEY preliminary result +++

34 votes till yet of which 82% says the smartdrop box is too small and only 18% say the size will fit or they even don’t need smartdrop.

Regarding this, you may wanna read the latest update from eufy: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smart-drop/take-control-over-your-deliveries-with-eufy-smart-drop/posts/2951260
Secure_Deliveries_Made_Easy_with_SmartDrop_by_Eufy_Security_%E2%80%94_Kickstarter

And here’s the deal — at least for the time being (and c’mon — we’re not losing the country’s oldest and most loved institution — the USPS — EVER.) And the majority of smaller Amazon parcels (e.g., the blue and white padded envelopes) come via the Post Office. So here’s the quandary: I have a great new locking mailbox, with a slot too small for a hand, so the mail goes in the slot, until you unlock it, you can’t get anything out. But those blue and white mailers are too big for the slot (I swear all locking mailboxes were designed for postal deliveries circa 1985), so I can’t ever lock it. These B&W mailers would be perfect for the SmartDrop, but I’m almost 100% positive that by law, the postal worker can’t put them in a non-official USPS mailbox — they have to leave a "missed ya"slip.

Now in reality, the postal worker doesn’t leave slips — they shove whatever they can into that mailbox, and if it doesn’t fit, they toss it on the porch. But I bet he/she’s gonna get in less trouble for the porch toss then putting it in a locked, non-USPS box. It’s really a lose/lose/lose here, unless 1) the SmartDrop can be considered a mailbox for legal purposes, and 2) You double the size (minimum) of the SmartDrop. I got ten packages since Monday (four business days); no more than 1/3rd could go in the existing SmartDrop — and that’s if it’s empty. I have a professional grade security cam pointed right down on the mailbox and porch. I see the USPS or UPS or FedEx guy come; I see the package; when I get a chance, I go down and grab it. But heck — since March and COVID I’ve been home 85% of the time. So what happens when I’m not home, I really finally have a need for the SmartDrop, but it’s 60% full by Noon. Is the 2:00 PM FedEx person expected to play package Tetris to get their stuff to fit? They don’t get paid enough, or have enough time.

BOTTOM LINE: The thing has to be way, WAY bigger. Like somewhere between its current size and an industrial dumpster.And the camera — oh boy. It has to be ONVIF-compatable; I’m not using a separate system for a single camera inside a box. If I can’t see it here:

I.e., am integrate it into Blue Iris, then it’s no dice on the cam too. And since Eufy has a history of making doorbell cams that have no ONVIF compatibility, I’m not holding my breath. In fact, I’m letting it out: SIGH.

2 Likes

:information_source: The following picture is used by me for a comment at the kickstarter campaign at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smart-drop/take-control-over-your-deliveries-with-eufy-smart-drop/comments and i used this forum to upload and share it and make it easy to access for everyone who reads my comment at kickstarter. So don’t wonder wh it is in this thread :wink: Thanks

For all non-german-speakers - Google Translator says:

"If the postman doesn’t ring at all. Mailbox 2.0.

With the Smart Drop, the Anker subsidiary Eufy is now offering a mailbox for parcels. With a capacity of 68 liters and numerous unlocking options, the device should make life easier for many frustrated parcel recipients. Price: from 149 euros in crowdfunding. Delivery date: 2021.

Computer Bild thinks: EUFY IS COURAGEOUS - SIMILAR PACKAGE BOXES HAVE ALREADY FAILED."

@AnkerSupport @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical

URGENT! 69 hours left ONLY to answer my comment/questions at the kickstarter campaign 2 days ago … else you will have a cancel in about 60 hours for sure! Please answer and tell me if i need to cancel or you will offer a much bigger box as pledge to choose from!

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smart-drop/take-control-over-your-deliveries-with-eufy-smart-drop/comments

Thanks!

You don’t solve such issues in a public forum, take it outside. Kickstarter has mechanism to solve this. Anker is not really monitoring this place so is this not the place for such issues.

1 Like
  1. I guess YOU won’t tell me what to do and what not. As more places the issues are talked and discussed about, as better. Already worked in the past and they also read here, but rarely answer/react.
  2. Issue solved anyway:
    Secure_Deliveries_Made_Easy_with_SmartDrop_by_Eufy_Security_%E2%80%94_Kickstarter

:cry:

PERFECT NEWS: EUFY LISTENED THE MAJORITY! SMARTDROP BOX NOW 98% BIGGER!

Only a couple hours before the campaign at kickstarter ends!

Read:

The whole update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smart-drop/take-control-over-your-deliveries-with-eufy-smart-drop/posts/2934205

Personal Result:

2 Likes

Woohoooo !!! Thanks for listening to 86% of the voters eufy :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Great job @yamyam staying focused and getting the message through to Anker Eufy Team! :+1:

Thanks to Anker team @AnkerOfficial for taking inputs from backers / users and incorporating the idea :clap:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Shenoy :kissing_heart:

:ok_hand:

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if you’d still get email notifications on responses, glad you saw it

1 Like