Eufy doorbell wiring UK

I love big knockers! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Must cost effectiveā€¦ and loud :ok_hand:t2::grin:

1 Like

Now that eufy doorbell is available in the UK. Can you confirm which transformer from amazon works with the door bell?

Itā€™s only the battery version (which can be wired)
The battery version can use 8v to 24v
The wired version is only 16v to 24v

UK standard is 8v so no new transformer required, the battery version also supports the chime so no rewiring of the chime is required either

EU standard is 12v so a transformer isnā€™t required either

If / when you get one donā€™t worry about the battery getting low thinking it isnā€™t charging, they have designed it to only charge below 40% to prolong battery life

If you have a 20+ year old chime in the UK it might be 6v, if thatā€™s the case then this is the kind of transformer you need
https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-8-24v-8va-bell-transformer-module/8707p?cm_sp=managedredirect--electrical--doorbelltransformer&_requestid=313385

Thank you for the quick reply. This is my current transformer wiring

I hope this is correct

1 Like

Looks like itā€™s wired to 24v so will be fine

Thanks for your help. Iā€™ll let you know if it goes below 40%

Iā€™ve got the battery Doorbell with the Homebase 2.
The doorbell itself chimes, the Homebase chimes and if you enable the Eufy Security skill on Alexa you can make your Alexa(s) chime so no need for a separate chime.

Hi, can I ask if this transformer worked?

having same issue here. My wired doorbell just arrived and i have a 8, 12, 24V Transformer with 8VA but no idea how to bypass the chime. Ring Pro provided a transformer and chime bypass/power kit, canā€™t believe eufy havenā€™t done the same.

I removed my old door bell unit and wired in a single power socket. I then plugged in the supplied transformer and connected that to the existing cable that went to then old button push. I have housed the power connection in a electrical junction box to keep it all neat. Itā€™s working perfectly.

What supplied transformer? The power adapter plug?

I have the wired doorbell. The supplied transformer is designed to be wired into the doorbell. I have connected those wires to the existing wires that go to the doorbell

Yes I have the wired doorbell too, but there is no transformer supplied with the camera in the box, just a power adapter that plugs into the wall (which I donā€™t want to use).

I have a transformer capable of 24v (at 10VA) at my fuseboard which is powering the old doorbell, so I was curious if there was another transformer supplied (since there is none in my box or listed on the website).

The transformers listed above would only be suitable for the Wireless Doorbell and not the Wired Doorbell as they are only capable of supplying 24v at 8VA, the Wired Doorbell requires 30VA. That said I have just received my Wired Doorbell and installed it to the BG CUB1 (same as the one in leshemnoam pic above) and it works fine but the transformer buzzes loudly and Iā€™ve been informed by an electrician that there is a risk of it overheating and catching fire.

I regret not buying the Wireless version after reading that the wired doorbell will get no HomeKit support in the future, but was duped into a Security Kit offer with the HomeKit compatible EufyCam 2C.

Hey matt-stone, Curious whats voltage/current does the powersupply provide?

Hi did this work? I have used this for a customer but the doorbell is not lighting up and think its just working off the battery. Iā€™d appreciate your response.

Regards
Brian

Hi did you get a reply? Iā€™ve used this but donā€™t think itā€™s working.

Iā€™ve just purchased the wireless doorbell and looking to hard wire it. if Iā€™m reading this right all I need to do is put in an 8-24v transformer. set it to 24v? I already have a bell transformer but dont believe its powerfull enough so easy enough to change. my real question is do I need to do anything with the chime? Iā€™m.hoping for this to work still.

You could ask the experts on this site as well

https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/