Cut the Cord: Wireless Charging for iPhone

So does that much tech go into the Android wireless chargers? Or do you only go that extra mile for Apple?

I believe it is the same.

There is nothing special on the apple products that other manufactures would then have to make stuff differently just for them.

They use the Qi standard for wireless charging which is common for many androids, if not all.

I read how companies will change things to suit apple.products. one example was the wireless chargers in Starbucks (not in UK, as usual). As the iPhone X, used a different standard for its wireless system. … on CNET.COM if I remember rightly.

If.what you said is true, then why is anker naming apple specifically and the advantages of using apple on an anker charger. Surely if both use the same wireless format, there’s no need to mention any manufacturer.

Nah, Moto does it too:

Just a whole lot less expensively. You can have to flagship moto (you have to find a good deal) and the qi charger for less than half the price of iPhone.

Not made by Anker but will get the job done.

1 Like

It’s because apple is so big and they FINALLY came out with a wireless charging capability. Even though Anker has provided wireless mats for a while now, it is to their benefit to announce a product like this behind a big name like apple in hopes to gain some business.

like @Zollak said before, a lot of apple users do not realize that wireless charging capability have existed on android devices natively. Since apple is big, mainstream media will focus in on this tech and give the perception to some that this is something apple is pushing out as a “new” thing, when it really isnt.

To answer your starbucks question, starbucks used a wireless charging standard called PMA, or powermats. This is a different standard and will not work with phones that supports Qi. They essentially gambled on the fact that Powermats will beat out Qi standards and hoped that more phones adapt the PMA standard instead of Qi. They were wrong and it seems like Qi is gonna be the wireless standard for most electronics. The difference between Qi and PMA is not much. You can google it and find out yourself. As of now, the only phone (i think) that supports both Qi and PMA are samsung phones. Starbucks is essentially just replacing their PMA stations with Qi stations because everyone knows everyone in starbucks uses an apple product.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

No, it does not.

But according to Anker, this would make a bigger difference (10% faster).

1 Like

Thank you!

No problem bud

Just got the IPhone X in the uk looking for the best wireless pad now could this be it quite possibly

Pull the trigger. I would get the stand up model it has more coils and you can see if you get a notification from across room. It’s only 5w but 7.5w is three times the price and will not available until apple updates iOS and will only make less than 10% difference in charge speed.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0753Z4PGC/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1510953909&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=anker+wireless+charger&dpPl=1&dpID=310ohHebb8L&ref=plSrch

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

I like it when you write information article.

Thank you @AnkerOfficial for finally release the wireless charger, because i dont want to charge my iPhone with any other brand except Anker. And i feel this new powerport wireless is dedicated for new Iphone X, thank you Anker

2 Likes

Thank you for your patient too!:hugging:

3 Likes

I was due to upgrade from the 6s last month and was holding off until the iPhone X was released but I have a feeling I may wait for a couple of months to see what (if any) issues arise. I currently use the Anker 6s battery case and if they released a new one which incorporated the wireless charging capabilities to the case I would buy it in a heartbeat. But I don’t think that would happen as we live in a generation where people upgrade their phones on a yearly / 2 year basis so releasing new products for older phones isn’t best business practice.

2 Likes

From what I understand of American cell contracts, it works differently to ours.

In UK, we get a new FREE handset every 2 years, unless you got lots of money to pay for a really high yearly tariff.

In US, they buy their handsets and so keep n use for a lot longer. Of course, it may have improved or changed since last knowledge input? lol

1 Like

Are these any good? Feeling like investing in one or two to put like next to my bed and on my desk just for convenience