Create Your Own Video and Win $2,000!

Something makes me think that current number one video wants to remain in the top spot. :grin:

1 Like

Every time I look back there it’s way higher. As are others. Are they just doing it for fun at this point or truly think they’ll win? :smile:

During this final countdown of the contest, my pugs want everyone to be entertained. :smiley::+1: (Volume up)

1 Like

Cute labored breathing piles of fun! :grin:

1 Like

Every time I refresh the page it goes up. Definitely automated voting. It’s a bit sad really.

On a side note, I’m quite amazed how many entries there have been - definitely seen an advantage to getting the entry in early as there will no doubt be great videos really low down.

Anyway it’s almost done. I can then let my blood pressure return to some kind of normal state!

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE! :grinning:

Edit : aaaand we’re done! Times up! Phew!

2 Likes

We made it. :smile: It says in the rules they’ll notify winners at the end of August. Thought it was earlier. Must need time to verify votes and remove videos in order to pick the top 10.

1 Like

Yes probably. I don’t envy them having to go through them all!
Thanks again @AnkerOfficial for this crazy ride! As a result, besides my high blood pressure, I’ve now had a go at making a video which I’d never done before - I almost didn’t enter when I saw it was a make a video contest but I’m glad I tried and entered as I learned a few things! Cheers!

3 Likes

It was so cool that you had three pugs!!!:joy:

1 Like

Looks like someone figured out how to get votes after voting closed. There’s a new false first place. :smile:

1 Like

Huh?!! I gotta check this out! :astonished:

Edit: how did they do that?! Close to the finish, this one was originally at number one for some reason then I noticed was in 10-20 at the end I think. How odd.

1 Like

Yea that’s what I thought too! He definitely fell behind by a few thousand before it ended. Not sure how it’s in first now but it’s weird. I’ll just wait till they announce the real winners since it’s not accurate now.

1 Like

I just saw their YouTube page where they as good as admit to bot use in the comments section. They seem to think top 20 have used bots.

1 Like

Oh yea I forgot I read that there too! From following the contest closely, I think a lot of videos in the top 30 did use bots but that’s up to Anker to properly determine.

1 Like

I guess there could be many used bot voting. It’s a shame some contestants decided to play real dirty.

1 Like

I think for some who did use bots it was just a way for them to mess with the contest and enjoyed it while others did it and thought maybe Anker wouldn’t enforce the rules.

They could increase security by using a captcha (the thing where you prove you’re a human not a robot). The problem with making stronger voting regulations to prevent it is that it’ll keep your friends/family/followers from voting for you since it’s too difficult. It might not gain as much traction, and as a result Anker would get less exposure and advertisement. Hopefully they’re other options too that can secure the future contests while still making it easy to vote.

1 Like

So when will the winners be announced?! @AnkerOfficial :grin:

I’m nervous about the winners. I want to see them soon

1 Like

Traditional captcha could be fine or even google recaptcha. It would be a good improvement

When will be the announcement? :weary: