Create Your Own Video and Win $2,000!

@AnkerOfficial Thank you! Yes, I’ll send a message soon.

1 Like

I sent a message too :grin:

2 Likes

@joshuad11 Yes! They need to hear this since otherwise it’ll keep going on. I’d say its at least a few of the top 10 since most of them came out of nowhere, gain 100+ votes, and pass everyone in like an hour, then stop getting votes for hours. They gotta be using bots to do fake votes. Also mine’s the pug video in the top 10 by the way and it gets 60-80 votes spread throughout the day, not in a period of one hour like some of these other videos; some of which are not good.

3 Likes

I have watched many videos and it is unfortunate that so many videos that were released recently are so far behind and don’t have a chance because in my honest opinion there are so many under 100 votes that would easily be in my top 10.

1. All videos should have all been released on the same day and only allowed votes from members over 3 months.

Not to take anything away from some in the top 10 because some are great and I won’t mention which ones I like.

I commend you for limiting daily voting to 1 vote as that was a step in the right direction.
Many members have suggested in the past that you invite a number of senior members (Maybe 50) to do the voting. You would have to keep the postings anonymous .

Maybe you could provide them a freebie of some kind for helping as they would be kept from entering themselves.

I did not enter the contest for 2000 reasons. I feared there would be a lot of inappropriate activity and I choose to not stress over that kind of thing. besides I would not have been able to enter in the first two days making my chances nill.

On the flip side you have provided a great contest and have had a huge amount of publicity generated from it. Kudos! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Read many valid comments and good suggestions while enjoying a pint and contemplating life. So here’s my two pence/cents;

In the end Anker giveaway’s are to push the brand to a wider audience and like most of the giveaways, especially one with a cash value, every man, woman and their dog will come running to win as a result, often with the majority just disappearing into the abyss after winning or until the next one is advertised. While this is in a way getting the brand out there it often comes at the expense of either not increasing the community with valid members and/or incurs the displeasure of the core community members. $20,000 however is most likely pretty cheap for a advertising campaign even if the top 10 individuals do not come back or buy future products, so I can see the logic.

Out of the top 10 (so far) I would say at least half are generating from a combination of their YouTube subscribers and/or friends, social media followers (Facebook etc)…the other half not a clue, unless they have one hell of a Facebook/Twitter following or a very, very, large family base going to bat for them :slight_smile:

It’s good that voting has been restricted to once a day (which could make it even crazier if it hadn’t) but as with any competition your not gonna get a perfect method of increasing your brands awareness, while giving your core fan base a better than average shot of winning the goodies (comments from some months old but non-posting members are entertaining though). Limiting future ‘major’ giveaways to members who have reached a certain base level (showing they participate) would be one method but would have a knock on effect to drawing in new members or pushing the brand further…

I certainly believe @AnkerOfficial will be vetting the top ten to ensure that voting bulk or single is not coming from the same IP address, within certain time periods, the same newly created accounts and the like…

Well that was a bit of a ramble…time for another pint :laughing:

4 Likes

typo

1 Like

[quote=“nigelhealy, post:114, topic:53657”]typo
[/quote]

10 prizes at $2,000 = $20,000

4 Likes

I was watching other peoples video entries, there fun watch them especially all the new ones. New videos everyday even though I feel like the vote for top rank are too high for any of these new video to win, they still had fun making and I enjoy watching them I encouraged you guys to look at these new entries . A creative one where she’s trying to call the radio station to win money and of course she’s the caller that get picked to speak like on the radio and then the phone dies. well though idea love the video. She only has 2 votes and is #103 in ranking. Here’s the video: https://goo.gl/Cx6H6E

1 Like

Yep I agree. I’ve felt like this since I noticed some entries shooting up enormously. 20k is probably a drop in the ocean for a big company like anker so I’m hoping they may do another one like this in future and maybe make rules a bit more strict or a more even playing field where all entries have a good chance. I’ve certainly no chance in this one and in fairness mines not amazing but was my first try at video and done quickly to get it up! So fingers crossed for another in the near future!

2 Likes

I’ve sent them a message of some of the suspicious videos which have reached the top 10 in two days or are rapidly going up in votes in an hour or half hour period most likely from bots. I hope they just disqualify and remove them from the running if that’s the case. As the rules clearly state, no bots are allowed (obviously) so I’d think Anker would be removing them. It isn’t fair and doesn’t make sense to award people for cheating and not even giving Anker any exposure to potential customers. The ones that are the most obvious are the videos that are not good and also going up rapidly, more than even someone with a lot of friends or followers. I recommended they monitor and vet the top 10-20 videos.

1 Like

It’s Friday, Cheers! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Wow just looked now and so many different ones now in top ten with around 1000 votes. Some have been in top ten for a while but I was surprised to see others there now. Must have had a serious influx of votes for some just recently!

2 Likes

Yea but do you honestly think some of them aren’t cheating? Some are using bots. You can just tell by factoring in the video quality, view count, likes/dislikes, upload date, and rate of gaining votes. Still waiting for @AnkerOfficial to do something about it. I’ve sent them messages as requested by them. They should at least send warnings out to contestants. Surprised more people aren’t voicing concerns.

1 Like

Oh yes I certainly think a huge chunk are possibly up to something - what’s happening though I’m not too sure, as I don’t know what’s involved in swinging things in your favour to gain such a high ranking. How does one even use bots?!
I’d guess there are probably ones not even in the top ten that are also using other means and we may see them shoot up the rankings?
Either way like I’ve said before it’s a lost cause at this stage. I think there are some lovely entries though and I’m ever so slightly jealous of sone peoples video skills! Well done those people!

2 Likes

You have to create the bot I believe by programming it. There may be other methods. But those top videos won’t move a single vote for hours and then go up over 100-200 votes in a short time as soon as someone gets close. That’s a clear giveaway they’re cheating. All the other videos will at least go up some or consistently but slowly.

There is one video moving up from a guy who has over 400k YouTube subscribers. At least he’s not cheating though. I’d guess there’d be more trying to get to the top 10 organically since there are some nice videos! But definitely more people will enter and use bots if @AnkerOfficial doesn’t address it to some extent.

If you’d like to help me out and keep us in the running please give us a vote!

1 Like

Great video cool dog.

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

Because they weed out the cheaters at the end like all contests. Its a waste of time and man power to do it when the contest is running.

1 Like

That makes sense so I sure hope they do since all the good videos playing by the rules have been bumped out of top ten by them. It’s out of control. I watched a few reach the top ten today from nowhere (gained a few hundred likes in less than two hours maybe less). Anyway best of luck to everyone!

2 Likes

I like this one