Complete a Survey to Win a $100+ Charging Bundle (US Only)

Wow, impressive!

I only have two products out of all the bundles (both from D)

Yes.

3 Likes

A bunch of questions in there that seemed weird to me. One about which machines need to be powered when doing outdoor activities in particular didn’t make sense - none of them “need” it in my case, but a few would be needed in general if one was necessary. So I answered that way, and then there were followup questions which didn’t make a ton of sense.

If I could go back to it, seeing the followup questions to my answers before answering, it would probably make more sense. But it is done.

2 Likes

Probably would have to be Combo C - the only one that adds things to my toolkit that I can’t do already - a power bank that can charge my laptop on the go (when I get one that supports PD charging after this crisis ends).

The hub combos would be more tempting if they had DisplayPort, or TB3 passthrough. Anker should get on that upgrade… I have adequate chargers and small power banks.

The charger from Combo D looks shiny, but I would rather have a 60W one port charger with a nice power bank than a two port 60W charger with an extra cable, D seems less than the other 3 combos overall.

1 Like

Anker, allowing someone to choose their bundle is an excellent idea, then they get some choice to better fit their needs - less wastage!

2 Likes

The questions seem based on what you do / family do for a living. For example a female in their 30s in Law get questions about emergency, outdoors.

Very cool survey, probably one of the better ones I have taken on here. Totally digging that Winter Sage PC3 Sense, I have not seen that one before for some reason. Best of luck to everyone!

I agree, I suppose the data will be helpful, but some parts did indeed seem quite strange…

1 Like

Nice!!! Entered :slight_smile: Thank you.

1 Like

Good survey, Done :+1:

Good Luck to Everyone!

They asked me about outdoor activities also, and what needed to be always powered on. Two of the options were a CPAP and mini fridge - which I hadn’t mentioned, and don’t need for anything I do outdoors. But of the list, they were clearly the only two that could POSSIBLY fall into the category of needing to always be powered on. I don’t need either, but all the other stuff just needed to be on for a few minutes to use, or to charge occasionally. I had no idea where they were going with this, so I flagged those, and then made a comment about this not making sense under other. Then I got followup questions about how many of each I would need to always be powered on, and 0 wasn’t an option…

Then in the next section it was about emergencies, with a similar list - and a CPAP was still on there, but also a sump, fridge, thinks I would actually want to power in my home in an emergency. And I had started to figure out what they were asking for and saw the same followup answers.

A conclusion will always find its own facts.

They are trying to justify some product and a “survey said”.

I have repeatedly challenged why people buy a Powerhouse, on a Wh/$ basis it’s about (from memory so don’t quote me) about 2x-3x more expensive just to get AC and CPAP is AC. I’d rather CPAP makers just have USB powered (they might be by now).

A refrigerator problem in power outage is trivially and cheaply solved, it’s called ice. Keep your freezer full, food ideally, if it’s not got much food in it then fill it with ice instead. When power goes, it then slowly defrosts, you drain the melted water away and you eat food in sequence based on it’s freshness. Freezers turn into big cooler boxes mode.

The Powercore 26800 45W is more of where people should be thinking. A person needing Powerhouse is not particularly thinking. What Anker need to think about is how they recharge Powercore faster because power outages and power unreliability are siblings, power tends to come on at times unreliable and you need to recharge as rapidly as possible in those times.

3 Likes

Good luck everyone :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::ok_hand:

Wow this is great gear! Just hear me out in the survey.

Interesting survey. Good luck to everyone!

Aweome, it definitely was not 15 minutes. lol Thanks Anker for the giveaway!

Why all competition are limited to US and Canada was left out? I didn’t see much difference between US and Canada. Amazon Canada is also great here.

Canada has different privacy laws than USA. It is a survey, it asks for age, gender and occupation, then asks some technology questions. In most countries is it automatically illegal to ask the first 3 questions.

If you wanted a competition including Canada you would have to drop all the first 3 questions.

1 Like

What? Are you saying you are allowing kids to do the survey and make consent on themselves?

I didn’t see any privacy rule differences unless you can reference some “facts”. I am all ears.

Not sure what you mean.

There are differences in how Canada and USA handle privacy.

A person cannot be asked in Canada what is their age, gender, occupation by a private business without a consent statement at the front.

Then here you asked and if you do not reply you cannot enter the draw. So “prefer not to say” ends it here.

If though you pick, say, female, and say pick an obvious minor

It then ends, but if you pick, say, female, and pick adult

If I pick a reply which is tallied to higher income, say law.

then I get asked a lot of questions

But I pick a lower income, like media

Then I get booted out of the survey.

So what the survey is doing is harvesting high income people’s opinions, their email address and from the IP you can work out fairly accurate where they live.

Is that enough facts?

Canada is nearer to EU law than USA law.

Anker has done nothing wrong, but there are reasons why this survey can only be USA not including Canada. It could do a different type of survey including Canada if it wanted to, but then it would get less valuable information.

From a product perspective, yes USA and Canada have the same electrical sockets and a wide land border so from a product perspective yes you can offer the exact same prizes for a competition including Canada, but it could not be via this survey method.

As an aside, there’s a lot of science around surveys, you can pretty much get any answer you want just by the context of the question. For example if I asked you “would like me to jab you in the arm?” would produce a different response than “would you like to be vaccinated against Covid-19?”. That’s why I say a conclusion will always find its own facts.

5 Likes