Coming Soon

@AnkerOfficial Is Model Zero the HomePod competitor you were referring to last year?

I do not see the point. Soundcore has many neckbands, so why so a Zolo version? Zolo seems to be going for premium / expensive.

So I was gifted (thanks!) for Xmas as were you the Zolo but they never entered my ears I could tell they would not work for me so gifted them to a good cause. There are gaps in the Soundcore range such as NC but they are imminent.

Oh and that reminded me, I own some Bose QC35, the pads had split but I found one can pull them off and repair for $13. I got the QC35 for long flights to keep the noise out of my head but I didn’t like their packed size given I minimize the volume of flying bag and so prefer round the neck such as Slim, Life.

The gap I am aware of is bone conducting neck band.

Speaking of, SoundCore Life NC is supposed to be coming soon (from CES). In fact, they said it would be the first product under the new SoundCore branding. I would say that SoundCore Mini 2 ended up being first, followed by Vortex, and then Space NC.

I do not think NC adding to Life requires FCC re-regulation as NC is not emitting radiation it is just a microphone (passive) transmitting anti-sound inwards. Hence Soundcore Life NC could be imminent with no hints on FCC.

I am skeptical an in-ear NC is going to be a good product, because you need a combination of passive blocking for the higher frequencies via over-ear with active cancellation for the lower frequencies, which is why the Bose QC work so well.

1 Like

You were right all along… :frowning:

SoundCore must be a sub-brand of Zolo… so maybe a URL such as zoloaudio.com/soundcore similar to anker.com/karapax

Now I really don’t understand the 7 days of hype…

…because they didn’t have anything real to announce?

1 Like

Exactly. Very underwhelming.

Alright everyone, we now know that the announcement was that the Zolo brand is merging with SoundCore. So exciting…

1 Like

Makes sense, as the SoundCore brand is more established and has suffered less criticism (a la Zolo buds) when you factor sales vs the number in the product range…

2 Likes

Sure, makes since, but definitely did not live up to the seven days of hype.

1 Like

Seems very over the top for just a merge. Especially with all the colourful imagery to then change to the SoundCore branding on the last day.

Mad to think they went through all of that and yet they haven’t put a single post up on there about the new over head headphone that are on Amazon. Beggers belief really.

Do they want to sell these things or not?

2 Likes

So it’s a simply rebranding. Zolo will support their previous releases but future audio releases will be under the Soundcore brand. I can get behind that, tbh. I’m excited to see some of the stuff they showcased at MWC and CES.

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial will Zolo Mojo+ and Halo+ still be released? And Model Zero will still be marketed under Zolo?

Website is soundcore.com (not up yet).

Also appears there are two versions of the Flare… one a little larger than the other.

So the build up was very anti-climactic, but I am glad that they decided to consolidate the two audio sub-brands.

Will the personal assistant products remain under both Eufy, and (now) Soundcore?

1 Like

Hey I called it being about the flare…let’s see if the hype is real when that speaker drops

More info Here including mentions of BassUp and SweatGuard a couple of new technologies

What is it???:open_mouth:

Thanks for sharing.

The article is interesting because neither of those technologies are exactly new. BassUp was introduced with SoundCore Boost last fall, and SweatGuard was one of the most promoted features of Liberty+ on KickStarter.

1 Like

It is Anker Soundcore Vortex Wireless Over-Ear Headphones :grinning: