Christmas, Continued | Get 1 of 3000 Late Christmas Gifts

Yay, thanks @AnkerOfficial! And congrats to all the other Community winners! :gift:

4 Likes

Thanks Anker! Congrats to all the winners! Happy New Year!

2 Likes

There are a lot of nice things in the is giveaway. Looking forward to see that it is! Love anker all around.

I wouldn’t say I post a lot, but I sure do enjoy recommending anker products, friends family and coworkers. And I think it’s amazingly cool for anker to do so many contests!
Congratulations to all the winners.

3 Likes

Okay chaps it’s late (for me…let’s keep it civilised, aka peacefull)… yes anyone entering any of Anker’s excellent competitions would no doubt like to win…and on occasion comments/bitterness do come when fly night members benefit (and lack of uptake posts…post win…do justify for many)… but yes it’s a competition so there will be winners and losers…regardless or rank, etc etc…just breathe, smile and get past it…life is too short as many have said…

Combative attitude (even without malice)… doesn’t help…

4 Likes

I’m definitely changing the subject here… BUT, I am stoked to have won, as others are when they see their names as winners. I really don’t care what it is, I know whatever it may be will be quality and coming with love directly from Anker’s heart! Gotta love this company!

Any one of these will work!

*Anker PowerCore Jump Starter

• Anker PowerCore+ mini
  • Anker PowerDrive 2 Elite
  • Anker PowerPort Solar
  • Anker PowerPort Speed 5
  • Anker SoundBuds Life
  • Anker Soundcore
  • Anker Mono BT Bluetooth Earpiece
  • Anker Soundsync Bluetooth 2-in-1 Transmitter and Receiver
  • eufy Genie
  • eufy 33 ft LED Decorative Lights
  • Mynt Cordless Shiatsu Shoulder & Back Massager with Heat
  • Mynt Shiatsu Massage Pillow with Heat
  • Nebula Capsule
  • Roav Bluetooth Receiver
  • Roav DashCam C1
  • Roav Dash Cam C2
  • Soundcore Mini 2
  • Soundcore Vortex
  • ZOLO Liberty
  • ZOLO Mojo
3 Likes

I want to apologize first hand , I don’t know if I ever made you fell unwlecomed but if I did I want to sincerely apologise as it is never my intention to make someone feel unwanted. I do know some past comments about newcomers winning and seemingly so, I was and am in the wrong with those comments and you are right, we want to welcome and encourage New comers not drive them away.

I hope that whatever ails you with whatever members here can be resolved and we move forward and take this opportunity and learn from it as we should NEVER EVER make someone feel unwelcomed and we definitely shouldn’t single out someone because they have won a prize.

So Jessie, please accept my apology from myself and the community as a whole, as we can all stand to learn from this and grow and move forward. We hope that in due time you can forgive and help us help others and stick around as you are just as welcomed as the next person here.

Just woke up to all this, and on the thread I commented about the lack of keyboard warriors making this a nice forum to be on :joy::rofl:

I agree with @fhassm. Lighten up grab a beer, or your beverage of choice, and chill!

I see both sides of the argument here, but you gotta think of this from Anker’s business side. Nobody gives free stuff away just for the heck of it. It is marketing, pure and simple. The products speak for themselves - we’re all here as a testament to that - so Anker want to get as many new people using the products as possible. They tell their friends and they go buy a product. That seems to be a big part of the marketing machine.

As far as I can tell it works, so many times I’ve met with people and they already use Anker tech and will always say how good it is. Other times I will be talking to people and tell them about it. The number of times I have seen people again and they proudly show off their new Anker kit to me after I’ve told them about the company is amazing.

So we, and definitely Anker, want “newbies” coming to the forums. Welcome all and please stick around! It’s generally a great forum, occasionally some people can come across as grumpy, but hey that’s the same in the real world too!!

3 Likes

After just waking up I’d much prefer a cup of tea tbh

And getting back on track with giveaway - that neck massager would be perfect right now :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

I’ve never got in with electronic massagers, that use “balls”.

Obvs where n how my pain works is slightly wrong for them, and if anything, I’m usually in a lot more pain after. I can tho, see how some people swear by them.

I do miss the monthly massage I used to have AT WORK! lol, yeah, at work. Mind it was soo good, I was ruined for the rest of the day, trying to stay awake. Within minutes of the woman starting g the deep tissue therapy, I’d be asleep, only stirring when she found d a Gert knot in my back or shoulders. Usually only 2 sessions and she’d have that knot undone n removed, was soo good :grin:

Now if only coffee/beer could do that! Hehehe

1 Like

I think such a massage robot can never do such a good job as an experienced physiotherapist.
I have weekly treatments, otherwise I would have to use a rolling walker.

Gf had a spa day last week and had deep tissue massage. She said she was enjoying it and getting relaxed when next thing the woman dug her elbows into her back lol she quickly woke up

I actually liked the sound of it :yum:

I think we figured out how to handle these competitions.
We should see these giveaways as an opportunity to recruit new members. Because it will be more fun if we have more active members.

From my point of view, I see the Power Draw as the competition for the more active members. Why because you need power bucks. The problem is that it’s a small gamble but it’s not so different than these giveaways.

So let us welcome new members and see Power Draw as a chance for us. The only problem is, we don’t want to spend so many bucks if something like an auction happens.

2 Likes

I use a rollator. I’d be stuck without it.

Crutches were ok, but did t allow to sit down. Now I can sit anywhere and at any time. Phew!

I can’t say it’s old age, as only 50 this year, and I’ve been like it for many many years. lol

Thank you Anker! Thrilled to see my name in winner list :slight_smile:

The contests during Thanksgiving and Christmas were really good ones with lot of articles and fun write-ups by community members, most of time I logged in just to read the comments. Thank you everyone!

Congratulations to all the winners!

1 Like

Looks like a lot of discussion happened last night and some people made very valid points. I think responsibility of feeling welcomed lies with both senior and new members. The senior members should be happy if new members win and help them if they have questions as this will motivate them to stick around and contribute… New members should actively contribute to the community (especially after winning a prize). That is how a community thrives.

I am sure all of us know this, all of us should watch the tone of the message before clicking the reply button. We are all grown ups and can act like one.

I have been in this community for a long time and one thing I have observed is “FREE” items cause the most animosity/ jealousy/ etc. among community members. Why/how did he win and not me kind of a feeling, something must be suspicious because I did not win, blaming anker official for something that is out of ankers control, always complain, etc.

Maybe its time @AnkerOfficial to rethink the frequency of giving out FREE things. Once the frequency of free things goes down, it will be interesting to see how many people stick around. Anker should be famous for the quality of its products and NOT as a company that gives out a lot things for FREE.

Dont want to restart the discussion, just wanted to share my thoughts.

2 Likes

But we have to understand that this isn’t always going to be the case. Some people simply have no interest in joining a forum such as this one or are too consumed in the rest of their life. Hopefully, those same accounts don’t win twice without participating.

@joshuad11 Josh I complete agree all new members may not always participate in the community but I can only encourage them to participate as much as possible.
Similarly after sometime/giveaways the experienced members will again feel a little left out when they will not win and will see a new member winning.

I think its important Anker builds reputation for quality and affordability of the products and not as a company that just runs giveaways. That is the reason I think the frequency of giveaways should be reduced and let people buy a product if they need and can afford one.

2 Likes

I think you have some valid points, but the issue with free things may be a little hard to pull off. Its a form of advertising, and its a huge way to attract people to your products considering the expense for each one. When I win something on here and use it in my regular life, I usually spend time talking to others about the item if they are into it, or at the very least talk about the brand if I know someone is looking for something. Mountain dew surely has no need to give out branded merchandise and free products, yet they will never stop as it is an aspect of the advertising process.

The thing that is inevitable is that people will join here to win an item, while some will chose to stay many, many more will just leave. But that does not mean they have not decided to make a purchase at a later date after seeing us talk about the items we have and what we like and dont like about them. The age old adage in sales is if you have one satisfied customer they will go out and tell a handful of other people, but if you have a dissatisfied person, they go out and tell 10 times that number. We who grace this forum on a regular basis are the loyalists who have told our handful, Anker will always need more satisfied people to go tell their friends and this is why them winning may not be a good thing for us but it has positive repercussions for the brand. The bonus to us is that the more Anker grows and has products, the more promotions they can run to continue building the brand, hence giving us more options to win something ourselves.

Free items are a necessary advertisement, of course it will bread some jealousy, but we all have to try our best to move past it. To be honest, the frequency that Anker would benefit from by giving out free promotions is probably growing and needs to do so. Giving away 50 pairs of earbuds for a chance to sell hundreds is a very easy decision.

2 Likes

I moved many of the posts from last evening through this morning to a separate section so it can be further reviewed by the admin staff. Although you can no longer see the posts, they have not been deleted. Please note that if your post was removed from this thread, it does not necessarily mean you did anything wrong.

While everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion and you have a right to disagree, we definitely want to keep things positive and cordial in this forum.

The contests in this community are open to all members, new and long-term. Yes, new members will win. So will more seasoned members. This is also the case with most contests in life: someone can buy a lottery ticket for the first time in their life and hit it big. The person who routinely purchases their lottery ticket every day will likely feel salty when they hear a lottery newbie won. That’s a perfectly normal human reaction, but here we do not want to make that person feel as if they did not deserve to win.

We want everyone (both new and long-term members) to feel welcome in this community. :relaxed:

13 Likes