BREAKING: Several Exciting New Releases!

lol i literally just said that to someone in a different post! haha

Great minds think alike :innocent:

It’s stated right in the first highlighted feature of the plugs you linked

And

1 Like

It did not send me to a link when I l clicked it, all the info I had to go on was what is in the pic.

It’s a common problem too many products similar names takes a focus or luck.

Perhaps we give out Anker Powercore Diploma? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That was myself, Amazon has the 49.5w unit :

Only to put a link to a New unit:

that is Not a 49.5w charger but a 42w charger, if one was not careful it could be easily missed with so many chargers that look alike, and with it stating 30w Power Delivery Port which is exactly what the 49.5w unit is but Only 12w usb Not 19.5w like the 49.5w unit.

2 Likes

I own the 49.5w charger and I love it so far. Just need a battery bank now for those long flights

1 Like

What device(s) would you be charging?

The easy part of that decision is knowing capacity you need to survive between wall sockets.

It’s straight math of take your device’s known battery life and how much more life you need and use the 3/2 rule. e.g. your phone lasts 6 hours, you want to last 18 hours, so you need 2x your phone, your phone has 3000mAh so you need 6000mAh, so use 3/2 rule so you need 9000mAh, and so a 10000mAh is enough.

The hard part is know how long you have to recharge. If you are using the above to last til bedtime overnight access to wall socket you need just to recharge in 8+ hours. The main difference in cost between the Anker products is that recharge time.

Because output Wattage of a Powercore is easier to be higher than the input wattage of a Powercore, Anker headlines, promotes, calls out primarily, the output wattage but that is actually in real life not that critical, as a portable charge can always be just connected longer. The harder part is the recharge input wattage, time to recharge a Powercore. That is harder and also more important, as for example you can easily buy a Powercore which lasts all day but takes too long to recharge than you have.

Once you know your recharge situation then you can compute the charger’s required specifications, e.g. the above example of phone + 10000, 13000mAh @ 3.7V = 48Wh, then use 3/2 rule, your recharge time (8 hours) means 48*3/2/8= 9W minimum charger.

We have discussed in the past that Anker needs, like APC does, a calculator, to input your devices, and your context (e.g. overnight recharge) and it recommends products to match. Anker never did that, in part as their products are too diverse, too many products, too many variables and documentation is patchy.

4 Likes

Thanks for that reply. You are always giving the technical aspects of things and take the time to explain things. I’ll probably go with a 10000mAh portable battery. Or anything close if it comes up on a sale

3 Likes

Cost of PowerHouse 200 has dropped $50 from $400 to $350. Expect it to come down to a regular price of $300 soon with discounts making it even lower.

We each have unique requirements, for me about 13Ah and 2 USB ports is ideal, waiting for one with fast recharging. Like a 15000 Redux but needs to be better than 7 hours recharge and one of the ports say 18W PD. Currently I use a 10000 + Mini to get my 2 ports and about 13Ah. Already own 10000 for about $20 and the Mini for whatever low $ it was so no real gain paying $40 for the actual Redux 15000.

So like a non-licensed version of PowerCore 13400 Nintendo Switch Edition?

1 Like

Yeah but made smaller and not $70 :anguished:

3 21700 = 15Ah and should be lower cost to make 18W PD / IQ2.

I own a lot of Powercore already so my tolerance for $ is lower than many. Own Mini+, 5000, 5000 Slim, 10000 x2 , 26800

For some reason, Anker seems to be oddly pre-announcing products which never ship and announcing new products when available soon so makes predicting challenging.

2 Likes

Atom PD 4 in Black coming soon…

6 Likes

Looks very haptic!

We know that the “innards” are fine!

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial

So will any of these make it outside of usa?
I ask cos recent trends is for new stuff to only be available for USA.

I can’t wait for it!!!

1 Like

Almost all new items are USA only at first and then after regulatory approval happens it becomes available elsewhere. There are more rules and regulations for contest and even testing events for overseas than there are for the US, which is why you see most contest are US only

Yes, I get that, but also, a lot of products don’t make it here, at all.