Battery swelled on C1 Pro

since i started the thread complaining about my battery swelling i am aware of that

Good for you

I just contacted ROAV with this issue as well and this was their response.

Thank you for contacting Roav! So sorry to hear about the issue with your replacement Dashcam! We would love to make this right for you.

I understand you’ve been through a lot of hassle dealing with the battery issue. So sorry to hear the same problem has happened again! This is an unusual situation. As per my experience, it should be the hot summer caused the battery swollen so that the screen popped out. Please let us know the temperature both inside and outside of your car. I wonder if your car’s cigarette lighter supply power always? If so, please let us know your car’s model #. We will ask our engineer to look into this case and find the root cause.

To address your concern, please know that according to our warranty policy, replacements fall under the same timeline as the original purchase. So your warranty on the replacement expired on June 30 of 2019. I am so sorry that we cannot exchange for you.

We register all defects and evaluate them statistically. These statistics enable us to identify any increased defect rates or concentrated product problems. So thank you for letting us know about your product.

If the item you’re having issues with happens to be from a different order that was placed within the past 12 months, please let me know and I will look into it.

Again, I apologize for any and all disappointment!

@voignier.mark at the bottom of that email you should see something like escalate this to a supervisor. I would do that because this is clearly an issue with the camera and they acknowledged it by offering a replacement and not something of your own fault irrespective of the warranty and hey should own up to it and replace it

1 Like

i went to the duo dashcam, its capacitor based. So far has survived a month of 94-102 temps

I have had the same issue with the replacement camera. So far the replacement camera has survived just under 4 months. I contacted CS regarding the issue and they told me that there is nothing they can do because the warranty has expired.

Have you thought about contacting the Federal Trade Commission or a possible class action lawsuit?

most of Aukey dashcams are supercapacitor based. It will serve you better.