[Archived] Weekend Plans

OMG, the levellers are still alive! Not heard anything from them in absolute years.

2 Likes

So Saturday was fun at the lake, I still felt crappy but I didn’t let that ruin our day of fun.
My wife and son in their inflatable Kayaks

Me looking all pale and sickly, but still enjoying my river tube

I didn’t have a kayak so I went out on my river tube, they tried to pull me out but couldnt, so they each gave me half of their paddle and I paddled myself out.

1 Like

Looks like great fun mate. It’s defo something I’m gonna be doing with the kids in the summer.

New rubber - plenty of miles done scrubbing it in, Avengers movie, boxing (kinda wish I didn’t watch it),formula 1 and then soccer aid. Was pretty good weekend all in. Should prob start packing for my move but there’s always this weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m moving in August and have yet to pack or get rid of anything so I know how ya feel.

@Oggyboy if you have kayaks great, but if not then the Inflatables are well worth the money, in fact I’m ordering one for myself right now. I have to admit I was jealous of them kayaking away while I got stuck on my float, and next weekend is suppose to be even nicer so I’m preparing for next Saturday now.

1 Like

You should get a rope tied to them and let them pull you along fella :grin:

We did initially, my wife pulled me partially out. But soon gave up as it’s much harder to paddle an inflatable kayak than a hardshell one. No worries it gave me reason to order my own

1 Like

I am going to be stress testing a new LTE technology that is still in development and I sadly cannot talk about at the moment.

Pretty excited.

This summer I will start learning how to catch fish by rod.
The house we rented this August is just 50 meters from the sea.
(Acores island : Sao Jorge).

I’m really a newbie, but if I need help I will ask you buddies!

And if I take my Flare, there will be no problem when using it as a bait. :grin:

Waterproof!

Beach fishing (well fishing in general) is a brilliant pastime, relaxing and despite it’s often perceived standing, not boring at all. When on holiday I often have a couple of silly hours in the morning or evening (depending on tides) casting out a line but rarely get any fish :confused:

1 Like

Has the salt water been an issue with vehicles or property or is it fine?

I saw a documentary on these people living by the sea and everything was getting slowly ruined by the salt in the air. Is that correct or was the show complete lies?

Yes you see often cars where the car finish is quite ruined.
But the “Acorianos” don’t mind.
The people there are incredible easy.
There is a lot of nature, good food, nice people…

I have to stop telling you about, as you all will show up this summer.:grin:
Just in the middle of Europe an America!!!

Okay so it does ruin cars finishes.

Thanks for the clarification!

I will try this and tell you my successes.

If there is no, I wouldn’t mind, as there are other “old fishermen” at the pier.
So what could I do better to ask the buddies how to catch a fish…
or better to go to the bar nearby after a catch without any results and have a beer together.

“Men at work”

This beer will be a real success!:grin:

1 Like

Looks like the guy in the red shirt photo bombed you​:sunglasses::joy::joy:

1 Like

And everything thing else especially homes unless they are built with the correct materials. I grew up a few blocks from the ocean and it was a constant battle.

Yea, that is what was depicted in the show. It was like:

House newly built, 300K home!

House fell down a year later due to salt (exaggeration I know) now it will cost 300K to remove it!

Man I wish I could get a home on the ocean for 300k I couldn’t buy a shed around here for that price. I need to move😑

1 Like

Can get a mansion around here for 300k

1 Like

At the Acores you will get more than a house for that price.
Many US and Canadian citizens have those because of the acorean ancestors.

SATA offers flights from Boston, Oakland and Providence
and from Montreal and Toronto.

Easy to get here.:grin: