Apple iPhone cables ?!?!

I moved to android during the 30 pin days. I went through apple cables 2 a year.

My wife still uses apple and doesn’t own an OEM cable. She’s got an anker cable, a competitor cable I received to review and no no name one her friend gave her when she got her phone from her.

I wont buy apple cables after seeing my brother and father go through in just a few months of heavy use. I gave anker cables to my dad 2 years ago and he’s still has it. This year my brother is getting one.

It really depends on how you use them.

Forgive me for making an assumption but I would guess your mum just has it plugged in on a table or something and connects it up as needed.

We at home, have cables everywhere, draped around sofas, used for travel, used in AirPods, iPads and phones and is always being moved, and we get through a large number of apple crap cables.

The ONLY cables that I use that last the course are the Anker braided ones. In fact, i logged a warranty claim today for our 10Ft red cable from 2016 that has just given up… that’s a good last really and with the warranty it justifies the purchase … which is cheaper than crApple anyway

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if it is Apple or Amazon branded or another manufacturer of lightning cables but my kids cables are always jacked up! They rip the cable right from the wall charger instead of properly removing them… ergo the many purchases of lightning cables. With the Anker cables they have actually lasted longer, not a single one has the charging tip almost coming off. My kids mistreat their cables but Anker branded cables have held up. That is a big plus for me!

3 Likes

fair my mum never yonks our the cable always in one place I didn’t know about the lifetime warranty on anker cables my screenprocter has one of them very handy

1 Like

I have had all sorts of cables over the years, now all I will buy is Anker. My wife loves to bend the cable right by the tip and every stock cable has broken apart and eventually stopped working. I have only had 1 issue with an Anker cable and it’s a 3 in 1 charge cable. Funny part is it still works great for all but the lightning, so I just don’t use it since I am the only one with Apple. Still have all the braided ones I ever bought and they have been passed down since I swapped to Apple.

I have the following cables
2 ANKER 6 ft PowerLine+II
3 Apple Lightning to USB
2 Belkin 3 ft Micro-USB + ADAPTER
1 ITEK 6 ft 2-IN-1 Lightning
and a bunch of micro usb cables that I’m able to convert into lightning cables by using my Apple Lighting to Micro USB Adapter. Every since I purchased my Anker cable, i haven’t used the other brands and my Anker has become my favorite.

2 Likes

It really all depends on how the cable is treated or wrapped up. I notice that apple cables tend to break near either of the ends. And I have yet to have a issue with that on a Anker cable since those ends are protected better

1 Like

Just got my self anker power line 6ft omg it’s brilliant cannot fault with that I agree with your statement look after it well and it lasts longer :sunglasses: